Notes about this episode and the next episode

As I was writing this episode, I got a little emotional at some points. Even after reading this, I almost cried. This might have been a great episode to write. But wait until you see Episode 5. I'll talk about that after Episode 4 is done.

In this episode, did you get any of the references from Spiderverse? Like in Scene 13 at the boardwalk. This was how Miles reacted when he saw Spider Society from Across the Spiderverse. The idea for Episode 3 was to give some of the characters some backstories. Miles was struggling to tell what he had been through, but seeing how Jessica, Zee, and Kara had opened up to Miles about their past puts him at ease. But he didn't want to reveal too much. 

I'm sure you weren't expecting Kara and Miles to get into a fight. Crazy right? I thought about that idea for a while. In my head, I was thinking, "Which of these characters would Miles not get along with in the beginning?" The idea of Kara and Miles feeling like they were outcasts came into my mind. Since she was an alien from another planet, and Miles wasn't allowed to be part of Spider Society, this works.

Surprised to see Octavius? Well, it's not a Spider-Man story without Doc Oc involved. Also, I'm sure you weren't expecting to see her teaming up with Livewire, Star Sapphire, Poison Ivy, Giganta, and Catwoman. But I'm sure what threw you off was Lex Luthor being involved. Plus, the collider. I'd figure a villain of the DC Superhero Girls universe would want to know how to make a collider. That's why I put Doc Oc and Lex Luthor together.

Episode 4 is going to be sort of similar to this, except this is focused on Miles and Hal's friendship. I thought about having them be best friends in this series. I think they would have a lot in common with each other. 

Next week, I'm going to be releasing a new story that's about an OC I created. I haven't given him a name because I wanted to make it more of a scenario where you are the character. 

I'll be back with episode 4 after the week of the new OC story. Hope you enjoy this crossover so far. Also, Episode 4 will be available starting December 17th.