Episode 3: The Truth About Me (Scenes 13 -16)

Scene 13

The boardwalk is all lit up and filled with people. Miles was in shock. "This is unbelievable," he said. Karen looks at him. "This is just the front entrance, Miles," she said. He looks to realize it's the front entrance. "Oh," he said. Everyone walks into the boardwalk. Miles's eyes lit up. "Now it's unbelievable," Karen said. With the view of the arcade games, the rides, and the attractions, there was a lot to do. Miles hadn't seen anything like this. "Wow, I never get anything like this back in Brooklyn," he said. "It's mostly just a bunch of street fairs, but they aren't as good as this."

The girls look at him in shock. "Does your street fair have any rides at all?" Jessica asks. He shakes his head no. "My home is not anywhere near a beach," he tells them. "It's just a bunch of city buildings and trains that take you anywhere you need to go. But our street fairs are mostly carnival games and food from restaurants."

The girls question Miles's street fair until Harleen shows up. "So, this is the new student, Miles, that Babs has told me about?" she said. He looks at her with an eyebrow up. "And you are?" he asks. Babs introduces Harleen to Miles. "Miles, this is my GBFF, Harleen," Babs said. He questions about GBFF, and Babs responded with Gotham Best Friend Forever. Miles greets Harleen with a friendly hello. Harleen says hello to Miles. He asks Babs about what Gotham is, and she explains that it was originally her hometown, but then her dad wanted to move to somewhere safer since Gotham was a crime town. He wasn't sure how to reply to this.

"So what brings you here, Harleen?" Diana asks. Harleen tells them she was invited by Babs to hang out with her today along with them. The girls, except for Babs, weren't thrilled with the idea of Harleen tagging along, but they allowed it to happen. "Babsy, I found an amazing Batman vs. Joker comic that's around here. Let's say you and I try to get that book," Harleen said. This puts Babs in a very excited mode. She starts jumping up and down. "LET'S GET THAT COMIC, HARLEEN," Babs yells out. They both run off to find that comic book. Miles looks at the girls in question. "Um, what was that about?" Miles asks.

Karen tells him that Babs gets very excited about comic books, especially about Batman. Since she wants to be his partner, she keeps reading comics on him and learns some training techniques. Miles got an understanding of what Karen was saying. "So, any ideas of what to do while they're out getting that book?" he asks. Karen grabs him by the hand, and Zee grabs the other hand. "Miles, we're all gonna show you what we like to do for fun around here," Karen said.They begin by going towards the rollercoaster and enjoy a ride of a lifetime. They also get on the Ferris wheel and bumper cars. Throughout the night, they all end up taking photos and selfies together and even ask Miles to be part of them. As they walk towards the arcade, Jessica asks Miles to show off some of his basketball skills in the hoops game. He takes a basketball, and begins throwing it into the hoop like a basketball player would. This gives him the prize of a giant bear. He gives it to Karen, and she gladly accepts it.

"Man, this is amazing, you girls," Miles said. "Is this what you normally do when you're not being heroes?" They all say yes in unison. "I can get used to this," he said. Just as they were about to hit the next ride, Babs and Harleen came back in disappointment. "Wow, you two have been gone for a long time. Did you end up getting that comic?" Jessica asks. They didn't get the comic, but they need help with getting it. The game they were playing was to knock down all 6 cans, and the comic was the big prize. Unfortunately, the rest of the girls weren't able to help.Miles steps in and offers to help them. Babs is excited that Miles is willing to help. Everyone walks over to the game, and Miles tries his luck. He unfortunately doesn't have any money to play, but Babs offers to pay for his game. The goal is to hit all 6 cans in 3 balls. The first throw he does, all 6 cans go knocking down. The owner of the game makes him do it again, and he does. All 6 go down again. The owner couldn't believe his eyes, so he made Miles do it one more time. With Miles's arm getting tired, he tries to strategize. He secretly uses his spider powers to attach a web to a ball. He throws it, and the web snaps. In luck, however, all 6 cans go down. Babs is jumping with excitement seeing what Miles had done. He gets the comic and gives it to Babs.