Episode 4: My Friend, Hal (Scenes 6 & 7)

Scene 6

Hal just told Miles that Spider-Man was a menace. The rest of the walk back to the front entrance was quiet. Miles hasn't said a word since. When everyone got back, they all decided to part ways, leaving only Hal and Miles.

"Do you need a ride back, Miles? Hal asked. "I walked here," Miles said back. "It's not a far walk. Thanks for the offer, though." Hal was a bit skeptical at first, but he said, "That's cool, Miles. I'll see ya at school tomorrow." They both part ways.

Miles starts walking back to the Sweet Justice bunker until he gets a text from Babs saying, "Don't come back yet." His senses were starting to tingle. "Could they be in trouble?" he thought. He runs back to the bunker to go check on them.

Scene 7

Meanwhile, back at the bunker, Babs and Karen are working on Miles's tracking chip, Kara is waiting for Kal to call back, and Jessica, Zee, and Diana are doing their things. As they wait, Kara's super hearing ability senses someone is above.

"Guys, we got company," Kara said. "I'm not sure if it's a friend or foe, but keep our guard up." Everyone prepares for who is coming, but they are surprised to see Barry, Oliver, Carter, and Garth in the bunker. The girls lower their guard, and Babs hides the tracking chip.

"What are you guys doing here? I thought you were all out with Miles and Hal?" Jessica asked. Barry was telling them that the Boardwalk was about to close, so they decided to head out. That's when Babs texted Miles to not come back to the bunker. She didn't want the boys to find out about Miles being Spider-Man.

"Have you girls been here this whole time?" Garth asks. They had to lie and tell them they were out and about for a while and decided to chill out here. "Well, then what's behind that cover?" Oliver asks. They look at each other scared. They were trying to come up with an answer, but before they could, Barry ran over and uncovered the tracking chip.

"Tracking devices? You guys are trying to track our enemies now?" He asks. Babs walks quickly over to the tracking chip and covers it up. "It's not a tracking chip," she said. "It's a chip that's supposed to be for my computer." She smiled nervously at Barry. He knows she's lying to him. She looks at the girls to get one of them to call Miles and tell him to not get back to the bunker yet. Karen walks away quietly.

"Why are you even here anyway?" Barry explained that he left something here, and was hoping to find it. But his skepticism shifted towards the chip as he kept asking them questions. Karen was trying to call Miles's phone, but as she did, he already arrived. He sees Barry, Oliver, Garth, and Carter in the bunker. He tries to walk back up, but then his phone goes off. Everyone heard the ringing from behind them, and they turned their attention to Miles in surprise.

What caught the boys off guard was that he was climbing upside down on the slide. Miles chuckles nervously. "Uh, hey guys," he said. "Wasn't expecting to see you here." He turns off the ringer and gets down from the slide. Barry walks to him. "Miles, did you just climb up the slide upside down?" he asked. Miles doesn't know how to respond. "And how did you know about our secret bunker?" Garth asks. He tried to respond to both questions, but he couldn't find the words.

"Well, to answer your questions," he said. "I'm kinda living here." He nervously smiled. Oliver walks up to him and goes into his dramatic acting poses asking Miles more questions. As he does this, Miles gets annoyed and shoots out a web. Oliver goes back to the wall and gets stuck on there. Everyone was in shock by what they saw.

Barry looks back at Miles. "Miles, what was that?" he asked. Miles knew what he did, so he had to come clean and tell the truth. "This stays between us," he said. "I'm Spider-Man, and I'm from another universe." The boy's jaws begin to drop.

Cut to Black