Episode 4: My Friend, Hal (Scenes 21 - 23 & Ending Scene)

Scene 21

Miles is packing the things that he's taking to Hal's. He tried to give back the items that the girls gave him, but they insisted that he keep them. Babs wasn't happy to see Miles leave the bunker. "It's going to suck not having Miles living here," Babs said. "But I understand why he needs to move out." Miles tells Babs that it's not goodbye forever. He'll still visit the bunker whenever he needs to. This puts her in a better mood.

Zee asks if he'd rather move in with one of them, but Kara tells Zee he'd rather be with a boy instead of us. "Besides, Miles needs this," Kara continued. "He and Hal deserve to be roommates." Miles smiled at Kara's response.

"Well, that's everything," he said. As he's about to leave the bunker, he gives a goodbye to the bunker. "Well, this is it. Moving out of the bunker into a house," Miles said. He looks at the girls. "I just want to thank all of you for everything," Miles continued. "For providing me a place to live for a while, for the goods that you gave me, for everything. You became more than just my friends, you became like family. I'll come by whenever, and I'll still get to see everyone. So, thank you for everything." The girls felt like crying tears. They all go up to him and hug him individually. Then a group hug began. He returned the embrace.

Scene 22

Jessica drives Miles and Hal back to his place. Everyone walks in, and Hal shows Miles his room. The room is not great. It's a mess and needs cleaning. "Hal, I'm not one to judge, but when was the last time this room was cleaned?" Miles asked. He shrugged at his answer. "Well, this room hasn't been used in a while," Hal said. "And it's been like this for a while. I didn't know I was going to have a roommate. I've mostly been living by myself."

Jessica comes in and she tells them she'll clean up. With her ring, she uses it to create cleaning equipment. "I'll do the cleaning, you guys go get the boxes out of my van," Jessica said. The boys begin to grab the boxes, while Jessica cleans the room up. As Miles and Hal grab the boxes, they strike up a conversation. "Hey, thanks for moving in with me, Miles," Hal said. "It's no problem, Hal," Miles replied. "Thanks for offering me a place to live," Hal tells him it's no problem. Miles continues to speak.

"You know, the more I think about it, maybe there is a reason I was brought to this universe," Miles said. Hal raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean by that?" Hal asks. Miles tells Hal about how he first got here. Miles wished that he could balance out his life, with being a normal kind and being a hero. Unfortunately for him, he was always Spider-Man and never Miles Morales. Miles was thinking of a reason that he was brought here and that was to find balance. He wasn't sure if that was true or not.

"Huh. Had no idea you felt that way," Hal said. "Maybe there are people who can help with your balance. You never know." They continue to unpack in silence. Jessica comes out to tell them that she's done cleaning. They go in to see the bed made, the room was spotless, and fresh smelling. "Jess, thank you for doing this," Miles said. "I really owe you for this." She smiles warmly at him. She walks to him and asks quietly, "Are you going to be ok here?" Miles lets her know he'll be fine. "Alright," she said. "But if anything happens, or if you and Hal get into another fight, you let me or anyone else know. Ok?" He nods. She gives him the biggest hug and he returns the embrace. Hal over on the wall watches them and is thinking about what Miles said to him before. As the embrace ends, she walks back to the door. "Well, I'd better get back home," Jessica said. "Can't be late for school tomorrow." That's when Hal gets an idea. "I'll walk you back to the van," Hal said. Jessica declined his offer, but he insisted. "Miles, you can make yourself comfortable," Hal said. "I'll be right back." He whispered to Jessica that he needed to talk to her. She understands. As they walk out, Miles begins to place his things down and gets comfortable.

Scene 23

As Hal walked Jessica to her van, they began to talk. "Hey, Jess, has Miles said anything to you or the other girls about the problems he's having?" Hal asks. Jessica responds, "He has only told us his backstory and that's it. Why do you ask?" Hal tells her about what Miles said. He felt like he always had to be the hero instead of being himself. Hal also goes in on how he sometimes wishes he could be a normal kid. Jessica was growing concerned for Miles. "Wow, I had no idea he felt that way," she said. "And he told you all of this?" Hal shook his head yes. Jessica felt bad for Miles, but Hal felt bad for him too. "I feel bad for him," Hal said. "Guess he never knew what it was like to be a normal teenager. Even though we have powers or secret superhero identities. But Miles, he hasn't felt like a normal teen before." Jessica agrees with what Hal said. "Jess, I feel like we all need to do something special for Miles," Hal said. "Make him feel like a normal teen, you know." Jessica understood where Hal was going. "What's your idea, exactly?" Jessica asks. He gives a small smile and says, "Well, here's what I'm thinking we should do."

The Title of the series shows up

End Scene

Back at LexCorp Tower, the destruction site of the collider, Livewire, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Star Sapphire, Giganta, Doc Oc, and Lex Luthor are overviewing the destruction of the collider. Lex looks around to see spider webs everywhere. Lex grabs one of the webs. He gets a look of determination and anger. "I seem to have underestimated this 'Spider-Man'" Lex said. He looks at Doc Oc. "You were right about him," he said to her. "Spider-Man is trouble. With the collider destroyed thanks to him, other universes won't be taken over by me." Doc Oc approaches him. "Not now, they won't be," she said. "But with my knowledge, we can rebuild the collider in no time." Lex asks, "What do we do about our new friend, Spider-Man?" Doc Oc had a plan. "Don't worry about him," she said. "I'm going to be bringing some friends along to help with our little spider situation." Doc Oc pulls out a device that opens a vortex just like when Miles met World Collider. "Allow me to introduce you to some of my friends," Doc Oc said. Out of the wormhole comes Scorpion, Tombstone, and Green Goblin. Lex gives a sinister laugh after seeing Doc Oc's friends. "Doc Oc, you never fail to amaze me," he said. Doc Oc replied, "You'll find that I'm full of surprises, Lex." He looks at the destroyed collider with a plan. "It's time we rebuild the collider, and continue with the plan," Lex said. He gives a sinister look, as the screen fades to black.

End of Episode 4