Episode 5: An Hour with Everyone (Kara & Miles)

Scene 5

Inside the record store, Miles and Kara are browsing around. She's looking at some heavy metal records since she enjoys listening to that kind of music. Miles, however, was looking for his kind of music. The modern pop ones like he has on his phone. No luck on finding his genre though. Until he found a sign that said, "Modern Pop." He goes over there and looks for some of the songs he listens to. Unfortunately, he doesn't realize that his songs aren't from this universe. As he looks for them, he can't find them. There's no luck.

As he continues to look around, Kara walks up to him. "See anything you like, Miles?" she asks him. He still hasn't found his music. "I was hoping to find at least something that I would normally listen to back from my universe," Miles said. "But now I remember that this is a different universe." Kara put a hand on his shoulder. "That's alright, Miles," she said. "I'm sure there's something similar to what you like." It was worth giving a shot.

"What kind of music you listen to, Kara?" Miles asks. She grabs his hand and brings him over to the heavy metal section. "This is my kind of music," Kara said. Miles wasn't surprised to see her interest in heavy metal. She hands over a pair of headphones for him to listen to. "Just don't make it too loud, Kara," Miles said. Kara promises she won't. He puts on the headphones and she plays the music. It's not that loud, but he's kind of enjoying it. "You don't like it that much, do ya?" Kara asked. Miles didn't want to hurt her feelings, so he had to say it was good, just not his thing. "I feel like Gwen would like this music more," Miles said. "She used to be in a band before we dated. Another one of my Spider-Friends would also like this. You'd probably like him too, Kara." Miles goes into explaining about Hobie Brown. An English Punk Spider-Man from England who goes against society sometimes. "Wait, there's a Spider-Man like that?" Kara asked. "That's so cool. I feel like I need to meet this guy." Miles gave her a soft smile after hearing this.

Kara realized what she said and told Miles that he was still a cool person. He thanks her. Seeing that he couldn't find his music, Kara asks about the music he listens to. He tells her he likes to listen to some modern pop music. She wasn't that excited about that. "I guess you haven't heard of that kind of music before?" Miles asks. Kara said, "Well, it's not my type of genre." He sees that there's something wrong. "Kara, have you listened to any other music besides heavy metal?" Miles asks. Kara shakes her head no. "Why don't I give you some music that I like?" he asks her. The two of them head over to the bean bags, Miles plugs his headphones into his phone, puts them in Kara's ears, and puts on one of his beats. "This is a song me and Gwen listen to a lot," Miles told Kara. He chose, "Mona Lisa" by Dominic Fike. As the music starts going off, Kara likes the beat. "This isn't bad," she said. She continues to listen for a while. She starts to notice that she's feeling relaxed more than ever. "Wow, I never realized how calm I feel," Kara said. "I guess music can change a person's attitude."

Seeing how relaxed Kara is, Miles tells her about how his uncle was the one who introduced him to these songs before he died. She takes one of the earbuds out. "That's why you like this? Your uncle?" Kara asked. Miles told her that he looked up to his uncle Aaron. "Your uncle sounded like a cool guy, Miles," Kara said. "I'm sorry for your loss." Miles thanked her.

"You know, Kara," Miles said. "When we first met, I wasn't sure if you were going to appreciate me being here, even after keeping my identity secret. I am sorry for lying to you and everyone else. I also want to apologize about your homeworld." Kara turned off the music and listened to what Miles said. "Hey, no need to apologize to me," she said. "I already forgive you, dude." Miles still kept talking though. "It just made me think about something," he said. "If I lost my parents that way, I don't know how'd I feel." Kara seemed to have an understanding of what Miles was telling him. She knew how to cheer him up. "Hey, you know what I do when I'm down like this," she said. "I just put on some tunes and forget about my worries. Because it's not going to happen to you. You're lucky to have them alive. I sometimes wish I still had my family, but then again, I wouldn't have this new family that I have now. My friends are my family, just like you're part of our family." She grabs some headphones and puts on some modern pop of her earth. Miles listens to the music. "Wow," he said. "This is a good find. Thanks, Kara." She puts her hand on his shoulder and says, "Anytime Miles."

As her song fades out, another one comes on. Kara is now listening to, "Self-Love" by Metro Boomin and Coi Leray. "This song almost reminds me of home," she said. Kara gives Miles one of her earbuds to put in, and he listens to it. "I kinda had a feeling you would like this one," Miles said. She puts her earbuds back in, and they continue listening to modern pop music. When they were listening to music, Kara couldn't help but smile at Miles for the music that he enjoyed. He opened her world to new sounds. She seemed to be getting a soft side for Miles. She was filled with joy at the music that he suggested, and when he confessed to her about if he lost his parents the way she did. She knew that he was trying to make her feel better, and she appreciated him for doing that. But with listening to tunes, they could forget their troubles and enjoy what is there now. She was happy that Miles came to their Earth. That's when she realized she needed a few photos with him. "Miles, mind if we take some photos together?" She asked. He said, "Sure. What are we doing?" She tells him to keep his headphones on and jam out to music. A couple of snaps happened. "These are great shots, Kara," Miles said. She thanks him. She sends it to Miles and the group chat. The two of them continue to jam out to music for a while. Miles then says, "Hey Kara, maybe another time, we can continue listening to more music. Heavy Metal or Modern Pop." Kara had a soft smile on her face. They continue to listen to their jams.

Fade to Black