Shaurya

20 years ago

I don't like these events but I have to come because my mom don't likes being alone and she don't trusts the housekeepers to take care of me properly. I love my mom but I hate the events she attends; everyone is so big here and I have to sit alone without any of my friends. My big brother is in his school and that's why he was spared from this punishment but me , I had to come here. My chair starts shaking and I look back to see a small girl kicking my chair.
"You don't have manners ? A beautiful girl is standing in front of you and you don't even stand up to give me your seat ?" She says. She's wearing a very cute frock just like the dolls my friend's sisters have. But they don't talk so rudely ; I've seen their videos , they are so sweet. She's nothing like them. Oh I think she is like that fox in that story my mom tells us about who dresses up like a sheep. She's dressed like those dolls but she's not that doll.
"Why would I give you my place ? I came first and this is my place." I say and turn around so my back is turned to her.
After some time I get a sweet smell and turn around to see the same girl still standing right behind me and licking a lollipop. My favorite lollipop. And she's holding a bag full of those in her other hand.

"Can you give me one ?" I ask.
She quirks a brow at me and start looking everywhere around.
"Are my ear ringing ? I heard someone asking for my candy." She says blinking her eyes rapidly like those dolls do but doesn't looks at me.
"I am asking for your candy , give me one and I'll pay for it." I say and then she looks at me but doesn't says anythings. She keeps staring at me and I look back.
"You need to get up from the chair first ; I don't do deals while standing." She says
"But you do deals while having a candy ?"
She give me that bombastic side eye glance and says
"You sure you want these candies ? Because your manners don't say that. "
I am fedup of her but I won't lose so I stand up and she takes my chair and sits cross legged just the way my grandma does in business meetings. She removes one candy from her bag places it on lap.
"You have to pay 50 rupees for the candy."
"But those candies aren't that expensive and i can get more than one in that much money."
"You can get them boy, but right now you can't and ever heard of demand and supply ? I am being generous enough to give you one at all."
I hate her. She is so mean. But I am also rich so I give her the money and take the candy. She takes the money and hop down from the chair and starts going towards the other direction.
"Shaurya, see who has come to meet you" I hear my mumma's voice and turn around to look at her.
She is very beautiful like the fairies. She is the best mom. She is standing with another woman whom I don't know but she is also very pretty like the angels. She is smiling and it feels so good to get that smile. She's looking at me just like my mother sees me with so much love.
"Meet her. She's my bestfriend, son. You can call her aunt; she's like my sister." My mom introduces the angel like woman to me and she starts laughing ; I give her the smile which I only give to my mom.
"And this is my little boy Shaurya." My mom says.
"Hii Shaurya you are really a very good boy; your mom always talk about you." Aunt says and her voice is so sweet like the flutes.
"Thankyou aunt." I say.
"You know she also has a daughter who is younger than you; you should become friends with her." My mom says and aunt starts laughing again and says.
"Yes Shaurya you both can become friends but she'll always irritate and you will have to protect her every time because she's too careless." I don't know what happens but as if she's my own mom and i can't say no to her so I say.
"I promise you aunt , I'll always protect her ." And both my mom and aunt smiles at me.
"But where is Kiara ?" My mom asks and it seems aunt's daughter's name is Kiara.
"Oh she's there ; I gave her a bag of  candies to share with everyone" aunt says and point somewhere and when i look in that direction, it is the same girl who sold me the candies. That mean girl. She is giving those candies to everyone; all without charging them and yet took money from me.

Present

My princess has been cunning and beautiful since childhood. Of course she got her look and smiles from aunt. She doesn't remembers me but I remember that day well and yet I couldn't recognize Kiara the day I first saw her in the restaurant.  Even with the name. She wasn't ready to move in to my place at all. I had to do all sort of things to make her agree for staying. And now I need to fulfill my promise I gave to aunt too. I need to protect her. It has been two says since she moved in and i didn't went back at the house at all. I think she needs time to adjust and maybe being alone help her to sort her emotions out. Also we can't forget the fact that she hates me. I have instructed my men to stay right at the door all the time and deliver food on time. Ofcourse there should be atleast one dessert  witb each meal. I just hope she atleast takes her food properly.

It's 2 a.m in the morning and I am about to go to my couch to get some sleep and my phone starts ringing. I see the contact details and it is from the police officer. I panick but then I realize it's a weekend and I know the reason for the call. My youngest brother,  Raj has this crazy obsession of bike racing and every weekend right at this time he'd literally go through the whole city at the highest speed and everytime the police catches him I have to pay big to neutralize the charges. I huff out a breath abd pickup the call.
"Hello , Mr. Bansal"
"Yes, officer "
"Your brother has been caught riding above the speed limits near the national highway."
"Deal with it like you always do" I am about to cut the call when
"And what about your fiancee, Sir ?"
" What ? My fiancee ?"
"Yes sir, Ms. Kiara ; she too was overspeeding on her bike with your brother."
What the actual fuck ? What is Kiara doing there ? And overspeeding. Dear god, save me.
"Send me the location; I'm getting there."