Kiara

I stare in horror at the scene playing in front of me. There are a good 7 to 8 people or guards separating us from the rest of the crowd but I doubt anyone of them is interested in us. The man is lying down in a pool of his own blood. Shaurya is standing over him, his face identical to the one of unhinged savage fuckery. He wasn't supposed to kill him. He wasn't supposed to die.

"What the hell did you do ?" I practically scream but my voice gets covered by the DJ. Though my expressions and rage in the eyes might be evident enough to show him how angry I am.  He just stares at me and I can see Raj in the background calling someone. Must be about the clean up. I can't take this anymore. He can't just go on killing people according to his liking. I go towards him determined to show him what rage actually means but he starts coming towards me. I see someone taking away the body in my peripheral but right now more pressing issue is the devil standing in front of me.

"Why did you kill him ? Are you insane ?" Again I am greeted with nothing but silence which further adds to my frustration. He lifts his hand and bring it near me and I flinch. I don't know why but I flinch. I stopped flinching away from male touch years ago. I don't know what made me do it now. Maybe the scene or maybe the way he killed him. His heartless, emotionless self in full glory. He lifts my chin and swipes his thumb near my lips and shows me his thumb. A faint trail of blood on it.

"The fucker doesn't deserves to even have his blood on you let alone his filthy hands. He had to die for touching what's mine."

"I am not yours and you certainly had to kill him to prove anything." He holds up his hand before I complete everything I had to say.

"Stop , princess. You defending him makes me want to bring him back to life and kill him again." Raj appears from his back and gives me an apologetic smile but there's a hint of surprise and awe in his eyes. What's so good about this situation ? Is he even for real ?

"I think we should leave to avoid any further mishap . " Raj says.

"You mean something bigger than taking someone's life ? "

"Umm I don't know. You both can continue your couple spree at home. Right now we really need to leave."

"Ohkay I am coming with you."

"Get lost, Raj. Right now." Shaurya says all while keeping his gaze locked on me.
I ignore him and start going towards Raj and turn towards him.

"I am not going with you. Either I go with Raj or I go alone. There's no in between. "

"Are you telling me no ? " He says challenging me but I don't listen to him and go ahead with what I have in my mind. I know what I am going to do is wrong so many ways but I don't have any other way to get out of this. Shaurya cares about my wellbeing in his own twisted way and I am going to use that fact to threaten him.

"I don't want to go with you. Please. " I don't know what does the trick . It's me saying please or the possible traces of tears in my eyes but Shaurya seems to accept his defeat. His eyes clearly shows that. I hate him but I also hate doing this to him. But I have to do it. He hangs his head low and says in a low defeated voice.

"Take her home , Raj. And take all the guards with you ." Then he looks up to the guards around us, his eyes getting harder.

"You all have to protect her with your lives. Do you understand ?"

"YES SIR !" They all say in unison and Raj asks me to walk in front. I want to stay with Shaurya. I don't know but I guess even I care for him or much worse. I am falling for him which is more dangerous than the mission I am working on since all these years. I can't let myself get distracted. We walk away and when I reach the entrance I turn back to see Shaurya and my heart skips a beat because he is looking straight at me. His savage look sending shivers down my back but there's also something else there. Something I never thought was possible for this man to feel. There's longing in his eyes. I can't take it anymore so remove my gaze and go ahead. I take the passenger seat in Raj's car and ofcourse it is a sports car allowing only two people to sit. Raj gives orders to all the guards and then sits in the driver seat.

"I have to say that was a close blow." He says while he starts the engine.

"Why did you handed him the gun. We needed that man alive."

"He was losing his control. If I wouldn't have given him he would've resorted to other harmful measures."

"That's why I hate working with men. You all get carried away by your emotions and then tag us women as 'Emotionals'. "

"Woah there, don't go all feminist on me. It was your fiance."

"I need to inform Aarav and Mrs.Bansal right now."

"Put the call on speaker. " I call Aarav and Mrs.Bansal and connect them both on a conference call and put it on speaker. The rings goes and Aarav is the first one to pick up followed by Mrs.Bansal.

Aarav : Hello , Kiara are you ohkay ?

Kiara : Yes I am fine. Don't worry.

Mrs.Bansal: Mission updates ?

Raj : Hello, grandma. No hello , how is my favorite grandson ? I have to say I am hurt.

I glare at Raj and he just lifts his shoulder and smirks.

Mrs.Bansal : I can hurt you in many other ways son. Now, Kiara give me the mission update.

I give all the details to her . Aarav is the first one to speak.

Aarav : I told you to allow me to do it madam. Are you really fine, Kiara ? I can come over.

Mrs.Bansal : No, Shaurya will look after her. And about that man , I am sure he wasn't alone. We can find his companion , if we look out properly.

Raj : But they must've got the news and probably are in search of a new place to hide.

Mrs.Bansal : Yes and we will find them. Don't worry Kiara , I will complete my promise to you.

With that she ends her call. That's how she is. She can be the most cheerful lady and a ruthless boss at the same time.

Aarav : Kiara please take care of yourself. You know you have me.

Kiara : Yes thankyou. Good night.

And I hang the call. When I look up at Raj , he's looking at me with a raised brow and mischief clearly written all over his features.

"What ?" I ask in a tired voice. I am really tired of the day already.

"Do I see a love triangle forming ?"

"What love ?"

"Don't act fool, it's clear as day that this Aarav guy is interested in you."

"Shut up. He is my best friend. He is just worried."

"He was worried but it wasn't as you say 'best friend type' of worry ."

"Stop this. I am already having a headache."

"Ohkay, I won't push it but giving you a fare warning. Shaurya won't like it."