Kiara

I groan and lie back on the mattress. It's been an hour or more since I woke up but I can't gather the energy to get up and do something productive. I always get like this around my time of the month, sometimes my brain gets clogged with so much that I can barely function. A cramp grabs hold in my lower stomach and  I hiss out a breath. I think I need to use the washroom. I slowly slide the blanket aside which is sitting on my lap, and try to get up. Slowly ofcourse. I cross the room halfway when another cramp hits me from nowhere; taking my breath away. And I fell on the floor with a thud. "Owww" that hurts. I fold myself in half, gripping my lower belly trying to wad away the pain.
"Princess ?" Shaurya grumbles catching me completely off guard. I forgot about the devil who was just downstairs. Ofcourse he heard me felling. God, if you have plans to make the ground swallow me then this is the time. I can't be this weak in front of the devil.

I try to look up at him but another cramp grabs, this one bringing tears to my eyes. God, is my uterus trying to  kill me of shame ?
Strong hands grip me by my shoulders, holding me still while making me stand. Even my legs have started shaking.
"Are you sick ? Should I call the doctor" the worry dripping in his voice is adding to all my misery. Why does he need to act so worried ? Can't he just spare me this much of peace ?
"No" I groan "I don't need a doctor and even you for that matter."
Silence greets me and when I look up at Shaurya, his eyes are assessing me with pinched brows probably thinking how he's going to use this situation to chip me off.
"I like your fight but not always."
What ? I don't get to react before I am hauled up in the air, bridal style and then laid on the bed. What the fuck does this man thinks of himself or me. I am not his porcelain doll. I open my mouth to say something, anything that would tell him that he don't have the rights to pick me up and put anywhere like a lousy thing. But before my lips form any words he puts a finger on my lips and my eyes close involuntarily ; feeling his rough, lean fingers on my lips and am immediately reminded of that kiss. I open my eyes in a fraction of a second and the eyes that greet me are filled with concern, curiosity and so many things I can't differ.
"You don't look good."
"Wow thanks for the compliment " I say dryly.
"That's not what I meant, and you know it." He rolls his eyes.
"Tell me what happened and why do you look like you are about to cry."The confusion and concern etched into his features makes me want to reach for him, to comfort him despite me being the one in pain. What is this man playing at now ? "It's nothing," I groan, my hands resting on my lower belly in the hope it'll do something, anything, to relieve the pain seeing as the pain killer I took an hour ago failed to do a thing.

"You might want to look at the mirror and say that again" he says and this time I know what he's getting at. I look like a mess and I know it. "I am callimg the doctor" he turns around probably to get his phone.
"No" I shout so loudly that his eyes widen at the outburst. I take a deep breath this time. "I just need a hot pad and rest."
"A hot pad ? " he repeats.
"Yes." What about this is he not getting ?

He turns around and leaves. The confusion in his eyes clearly state that he has never taken care of anyone in his life. Rich brat. Not that I want him to take care of me. But since he has lost his devil fangs today, i don't know why I shouldn't use it to my best. A few minutes pass and he reappears in the doorway, his phone in one hand, and a hot water bottle in the other. His brow furrows as he reads something on the screen and crosses to where I'm laying before carefully placing the bottle across where my hands are holding. The relief is almost immediate and I can't help but let out a sigh as the warmth spreads into my tight muscles.
"Are you having periods ?" He asks without tearing his gaze from the screen. My mouth pops open in shock and my cheeks heat. This is not a conversation I want to have with the devil. Not today, not ever.

"I called Nate to ask for a hot pad but he said it wasn't available. But the google says that hot water bottle will work aswell. He connected the call to his sister ; and she said you might be having cramps. Is that what it's all about ?"

He called Nate; as in the head security of the house. I can't imagine two men talking about my cramps. I want to dig a hole right here and disappear in it. I open my mouth to reply but I think his words shocked my words away. A fit of coughs catch hold of me making me fight for my breaths and I end up throwing up right beside him. Holy shit. It had to get worse. He holds me from my shoulder and pats my back the same way you do to a baby. And I can't digest this side of him. Once I calm down he picks me up again as if I weigh nothing to him.
"What the hell are you doing ? "
" Cleaning you up"
"You know I've got two working legs and hands to do that myself. Let me down." I expect some nasty comeback from him but he goes silent. All the emotions and feelings vanishes from his face as he looks at me. And just like that he leaves me and fuck. I close my eyes to lessen the impact I am about to get from falling down. But instead of the ground greeting me I find myself again in his embrace. God, was that a segment of my imagination ? I look at him and around us and he's sitting in his haunches and other things too seem near the ground. That means. That means this fucker actually let me fall down.
"Next time think properly before saying something, princess. And for the time being don't talk and save your energy."
"How about you let me be and go do your work ? " I point at the clock and it shown its already 9:10 am. "Isn't this the time you should be on your office desk, torturing people and grudging over the barista who didn't made your black coffee properly ?"
"I have earned enough to take a leave if the child living in my house needs to be taken care of."
"You know what I am not a child. And as to living in your house; you were the one who forced me to come here."
"No regrets on that matter, princess. '
Ughh. I think really should shut up and save my energy. Because this way I am not going to win at any cost.