1

I always knew he didn't care about me, to him I am just some trophy he could show off to his friends. Maria wasn't any better. You'd think that because she's a woman that maybe there's an ounce of motherly love in her but no, there isn't. And before you think I'm being harsh, if sleeping on a yoga mat that used to belong to a homeless person, on a splinter infested floor in the attic (when there's a whole house downstairs) that smells like pot seems like an ideal bedroom to you, then by all means, let's have a sleepover

I don't know why they still keep me around. It's been long enough. I know that usually when you read these sorts of things, the abused girl seems introverted and lonely. Well you're right about one of those things, I never went to a real school so I've never made friends but there is no way that I'm sharing my story just for you guys to feel sorry for me.

The banging of a fist against a door somewhere in the house summons me to break out of my thoughts and come downstairs.

"Aleena, if you don't get here right now I'm going to have no choice but too put you on rations again" Louis yells, and by the way it's Athena.

"Regardless she needs to go back on rations, have you seen her lately? I'm sick of looking at someone who's that disgustingly big, it's embarrassing" Maria speaks basically as loud, just in case I maybe became deaf and needed extra assistance in hearing her insults.

Slowly walking down the stairs, careful to not make any sort of thumping noise, I stay alert as I scan the room to see if today is an alright day or a sleep in the park sort of day.

But there's no evidence of drugs, alcohol or even cigarettes. Wincing at the sound of a knock at the door, I prepare myself for one of Louis' friend's reoccurring visits. Maria hastily makes her way over to the door which is unlike her, usually when they come she goes into the garage or garden to cancel out the noise.

" We're here for the girl" A balding man with a suit identical to the two men next to him says

"About time" Louis sat up

" What's happening" I asked quietly

" Who the fuck asked you to speak?" Maria snapped

" Is she ready to go" Another man asked

"Yes, take her already" He chuckled. No one laughed.

I backed away, they can't take me.

"Why are you doing this? Why the fuck are you doing this?" I panick

" Financial reasons" Louis mockingly pouts

" How much money?" I asked, my throat burning from the tears I dare not let escape my eyes

" None of your business" He said coldly

" And why only now?" I glare

"19 isn't really a pretty number, and considering you're an adult who's also a slut, your worth is a nuisance to me"

Yellow teeth, like a mustard sort of yellow grin back at me. I'm constantly cleaning the house but never have I seen a toothbrush in any of the bathrooms. I'm not saying my teeth are colgate worthy but in comparison to his? yes, yes they are.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Good you're awake" The angel said

Squinting and opening my eyes I realise that just because I'm in a fully white tiled room and there's a pretty lady, doesn't mean I'm in heaven.

The smell of a musky overpowering cologne filled the room as a greying 6'3 man walked, checking his watch as if he has better places to be.

" Finally, I've been waiting for you" He said

"Wher-" A shock of electricity zapped me

" I see you've met out shock necklace. Smart device isn't it? This way we can have all the control we want over you." He smiled, his teeth weren't yellow, but he should definitely consider invisalign.

I stared at him disgusted.

" Don't look at me like that, you should know your place and your place is to respect me"

Who does he think he is?

" You're probably wondering why you're here I suppose. Well it's only fair to let you know, Louis sold you to the D'angelo mafia -my mafia" His rich Italian accent was strong "This is my assistant Fallon, she'll explain to you your role here. I've given you a very special role even if you don't look as special but looks can be deceiving can they not" He chuckled to himself.

" Boss, he's here" Someone walked in

" Nice meeting you, Athena is it? Sleep well, because tomorrow will be hell"

I cringed, why did he have to make a rhyme out of it.

"Athena... Brown, what an interesting name. Job type: asassin, Age:19, blah blah blah not important" Fallon reads off of her screen

My eyes widen and I tense up. This is a joke right? Like actually who do these people think they are?

"Don't even bother trying to speak, it's got different settings which Stefano is in control of which determine the strength of the electricity." Fallon nods to the guard which strides over to be to handcuff my wrists together.

Realisation dawns on me as I start to breathe rapidly. My eyes dart between the guard and Fallon, everything is happening too fast, I don't know what the time is or where I am or who these people really are or if this is all some sort of sadistic joke that Louis is pulling to get me to behave to his standards again.

Tears threaten to fall in my eyes as I think of the possibility that he's sold me off to some sort of prostitution place. I watch as the guard straps the cuffs to my hands, any tighter and I'll probably lose circulation.

Fallon strides over to me, pulling a syringe off the metal tray beside her before then giving me a icy grin and injecting the fluid into my arm. Within seconds I feel myself begin to loosen up and succumb to darkness.