14

Marco's P.O.V:

"He's out of control" Ray takes a long drag of whatever he's rolled up

"I can't tell if he's onto us or not but either way at least this can distract us from the Russian situation" I lean my body against the wall and close my eyes, the smell of his smoke polluting my lungs.

"But how the fuck am I going to get access to blueprints and security for the Spanish headquarters, like is he fucking joking?"

"You have time"

"Just because life is such a drag for you doesn't mean that mine goes just as slowly" He says with a bitter edge.

Usually, I'd retaliate and pound his head into the wall, "Watch your mouth", I open my eyes and lower my gaze at him.

He curses, "Fuck, I'm sorry man it's just that I haven't slept in almost 3 days trying to stay on top of work"

"Jesus Ray, go get some sleep"

"Yeah okay" He stares out into the city below us, "I'm almost finished with the deactivation device"

I try to bite back a smile, "Well then, go get some adequete sleep so you don't fuck up your engineering", satisfaction evident in my tone.

"Alright, I'm signing out for today, see ya man" He flicks the end of his cigarette, takes another drag and puts it out. As he walks out I shove him on the shoulder and he straightens up, his locs moving with the action.

Once he leaves I let out a long sigh and move towards the balcony edge, grabbing the railings I stretch out my back and moan slightly at the tension being relieved from my back. My Father's mission will be the death of me. Without any data, constructing a mission will be a pain in the ass especially since we don't even know where it fucking is. 

Even if we're more developed in our technology and raid techniques, the Spanish are highly advanced in terms of their assasins and ability to stay under the radar. If Stefano really does have ties with the Russian mafia then it makes sense that he's assembled this raid, according to the background checks on the two Spanish targets, they're ranking is incredibly high and having them dead is an easy way to knock down another Spanish pawn.

My phone buzzes in my pant pockets and I whip it out, Diego's icon shows up on the call and I press accept, he probably needs to rant about his position on the raid.

"You need to come to Tess' infirmary, now" He says with urgency.

"Did she finally diagnose you with AIDS?" I laugh softly.

"I'm being serious, Marco" He warns, usualy he's never this challenging, uptight yes, but he nevers challenges my authority. I guess that sounds selfish considering we're bestfriends but whatever.

"I'll be there" I return and hang up.

I walk over to the elevator where there are a bunch of associates waiting, the elevator opens and they scram away from it and let me in. I close the doors and punch in the code for the underground levels, only certain people have access to here.

I don't know what Diego did this time but I swear to God if he got himself badly injured I'll double the amount of pain he's feeling.

The sound of my heavy footsteps echo throughout the halls as I make my way towards the infirmary. The emptiness of this level reminds me of how there are only a few people who reside in this area. 

Pressing the button to open the infirmary doors, I step inside and am greeted by the sterile smell and cold temperature of the room. Like all those weeks before, Athena lies in the middle of the room on a hospital bed, her throat is wrapped up and hand shaped bruises are littered all over her arms.