11

Marco takes me to a new part of the building which I've never been to before but he obviously seems to know where he's going.

"You've been on a motorbike before right?" He throws me a helmet.

As if I've been hit I let out a shocked expression.

"Calm down, there's no way I'm letting you drive." He smiles " You'll ride with me"

Looking at his too perfect teeth and the dip of his cupid's bow I find myself staring too long.

"Let's go silent reaper" He climbs onto the bike.

Following him I climb onto the back, distancing myself as much as I can from him.

"This is pathetic really" He turns around and moves me towards him.

Unwillingly my legs spread out behind his and my head is pressed against his back.

Turning on the engine he revs the motor and drives out.

"There's microphones installed in these helmets, but I doubt you'll user it much" He says through the mic.

The shift between downtown New York and the Upper East Side is dramatic from the way people dress to the buildings themselves.

Swerving I tighten my grip around his waist and I feel him straighten up. I smile at the thought of him getting nervous.

"The apartment is just up ahead" He says.

Lifting up the bike he rides on one wheel all the way to the garage. Abruptly stopping he parks the bike and casually gets off.

Panting heavily I glare as I watch him walk away. Chasing after him he turns his attention to me.

"Don't see this as a favour sweetheart, I'm doing this for Lucia" He raises his brows mockingly.

Scrunching my nose at the nickname I keep my eyes straight ahead because I'm afraid of what will happen if I look up at him and see his expression.

We're on the bottom floor of a 35 story building meaning that this is going to be an awkward ride.

Standing side by side in the bronze coloured lift, Marco scrolls through stats on his phone whilst I look at the door.

"You're not a spy, are you?" He asks and I jolt my head to the side.

Suddenly, he turns around so that I'm facing him. Shuffling back, my back against the wall I look up at him and then my head to the side slightly.

Keeping his hazel eyes on my brown eyes I watch as he scans my face for any weaknesses. Sucking in a breath I lean back as he tilts his head to the side and smirks slightly.

"Because I wouldn't appreciate that, you know?" He licks his lips. "Is that why you don't talk? Is it because your Russian and don't know how to hide your accent?" His confrontation frightens me.

Opening my mouth to say something, I quickly shut it as I remember my curse.

He scoffs, "Only be scared if you have something to hide"

The door opens and he turns around to enter his level.

The nanny walks out with Lucia and gives Marco a smile to which he smiles back.

"Marcie!" Lucia smiles.

Marco smiles back and walks up to her to pick her up.He mumbles something to the nanny and she looks between us two of us and leaves.

I raise a brow and he shrugs "I had to get her to leave somehow", he smirks at my expression, "Don't get too ahead of yourself".

"You remember Athena?" Marco asks Lucia.