31

Marco's POV:

I haven't heard from Stefano in a week, he hasn't sent out any messages or notices which leaves the team anxiously anticipating his arrival, and every following action based on his accord. It's 2:24 am and we're currently waiting for Tess's signal to commence yet another attack on the Spanish, I'd be able to concentrate better but fucking Mateo keeps chewing on his gum like a cow so I can hardly hear my own thoughts.

"Any louder?", I turn to him and ask and he hums a 'huh' in question. "The gum, keep your mouth shut"

"You're so dramatic", he rolls his eyes and blows a bubble, gum splattering over his lips.

"No he's right, you are chewing like a barn animal", Diego backs me up.

Mateo's eyes widen with hurt and he looks to Cass for sympathy, "You too Cass?"

She shrugs, "Someone had to say it, sooner or later".

He slumps back into the van, "I wish Ray was here, he would of just handed me a joint and told me not to take it to heart"

"And yet here you are, taking it to heart", Cass teases to which Mateo stands up in rebellion, his mouth gaping and closing as he decides what to say to retaliate.

"The 0000 team are switching to the 0230 team, you've got a four minute gap to get in position", Tess says through the radio despite sitting in the front seat of the van.

Diego flips his night-vis on, "Alright team, you heard my girl let's roll".  I remain unfazed by how he referred to her but simultaneously Mateo and Cass snap their heads towards Diego who even with his face masked seems nervous.

"Are you waiting for the 7 trumpets to start playing? Get moving people come on!", I command which snaps them out of the few-second-frenzy and into focus.

Cass and Marco both run out the van and in the same direction, if they follow the plan they'll eventually split because their assigned task is involved in different areas. Diego and I do the same, he covers the east side of the base whilst I head for the North- which also happens to be the furthest away from the van.

The last task was to collect data, and cover all traces. Well we did that, just barely and what Stefano and Dmitry are doing with that data is none of my concern because all I can focus on is not risking my team's lives. This mission is different, there's no set task because tonight is about making a statement  and proving to the Spanish that we will continue to terrorise them. 

The next set of guards have come in is what Tess tells me through the radio, although I haven't sensed any in my area. The base we're stationed at works with vehicles, so we've decided to settle on arson as our preferred way to diminish the existence of this place.

I still myself and concentrate at the sound of someone's voice, "How the fuck did you get here and why the fuck are you here?", I can just barely hear.

"You told me yourself that I'd be an asset to the team", the other responds but I am unable to recognise either person's voices.

"I was only being nice, Nick is going to have my ass"

"Dario knows I'm here, don't worry"

"Oh fuck", I hiss under my breathe, "I've got my eyes on two Spanish members"

"Yeah so does everyone else", Cass responds over the radio.

"But these aren't the usual guards, I can see Antonio and Athena"

"Did you drink before this?" Mateo asks.

"I can assure you right now that every other guard you've got your eyes on is actually apart of that inner circle"