9

Dario's P.O.V:
Leaning my back against the brick wall I clench my abdomen to prevent any more blood from spilling out. Wincing I look up to the night sky and let out a string of curses.

"Fuck" I hiss as I remove my hand.

Opening my flask from my pocket I pour the alcohol onto the wound and clench down as hard as I can onto the cloth in my mouth.

For several minutes I just lay there and let myself give into the pity I feel for myself. The fleshy appearance of the stab wound fascinated me as I clean it with the gauze from my kit.

"Where is she"  I pointed the gun at the woman

"What is she worth to you?" The woman, Maria, yelled back

"More than you ever were" I smiled and shot her in the head 3 times.

Crimson splattered and danced, landing on the ugly cream walls. With a thump she hit the floor and started frothing at the mouth.

Taking in the satisfaction of her murder I don't notice her husband charging at me with a kitchen knife. He plunges it into my stomach but doesn't go too deep because judging by his heroin addicted figure, he's not very strong.

I look at the knife and then back at him, "You really brought a knife to a gun fight? You pathetic little piece of shit!" I let out a dark laugh and shoot him in the heart and head.

The blood flickers onto my face but I let it stain me as I shove his lifeless body off of me and place the gun in his hands. Drawing out a packet of coke I place the evidence around the house so that when the police come they understand what happened.

Grabbing the needle and stitches I bite harder into the cloth to begin patching myself back up.  The dog sitting across from me watches as I wince and moan as the needle threads in and out. The dog makes that high pitched noise they do as he observes me but I pay no attention to him.

Taking another gulp from my flask I finish stitching and watch the dog to keep my mind off of the pain. I reach into my sachet for a sandwich and chuck the dog pieces of ham.

At first it doesn't do anything but slowly it smells the ham and eats it all in one go. I take a bite into my sandwich but as I'm chewing I see the dog looking at me.

Don't tame it. My conscience tells me, but I've never listened to it anyways. I call over the dog and it struts over to me and sits itself down next to me. Breaking off a piece of the sandwich and hand it to him.

Finally, I'm able to recognise his breed. He must be a German Shepard cross some kind of mongrel.

"You got a name bud?" I ask the dog

He doesn't even acknowledges me but just continues licking the floor where the food once was.

I sigh, "Well then, how does Linguini sound?" His dogs immediately perk up and I smirk.

"Yeah I could go for some pasta too" I pause and realise it's a girl.

"How about....Vespa. Yeah that's fitting" I smile and pat her.

"What am I doing here? I don't have a whole bank account to be acting like some poor guy." I say whilst slowly standing up. "Come Vespie, let's go get you a makeover." I put back my shirt on and chuck a jacket over it to conceal the blood stain.

————————————————————————
Here's what I know.
The Russians are planning something.
The Spanish have a new leader.
The girl is still missing and I can't find Lucia.
And I'm a lost cause with a stray dog called Vespa.