10

Athena's P.O.V:
It's been 3 weeks since I found Lucia. It took 2 weeks for Cassandra to regain my trust (even if I did nothing wrong). We've established a "secret team", consisting of the same people who found Lucia that day. Stefano doesn't even know about it.

After finding Lucia we began to discover more about the Russians. Only Cass and Alex have been going on missions to spy on them because apparently it Stefano notices me missing the whole mission will be breached.

"I've got a breakthrough on the Russians" Ray storms through the door holding a file in his hand.

Marco was able to get legislation over a certain area of the base. It's the only section that has no cameras, Ryan scanned for technology in the room but nothing came up on the monitor meaning that we're safe from being spied on.

Huddling around the table, we all exchange nervous glances waiting for someone to open it up.

"From what I've found. The Russians have been kidnapping members of the Spanish and Italian mafia. The only link is that these people all have attempted to escape the mafia." Ryan explains.

"Escape the mafia? That's not possible" Mateo furrows his brows.

"Actually it is." Marco holds a hand on his chin.

All eyes turn to him, some with desperate looks but others with confused expressions.

"My Father doesn't tell me many things but what I do know that there is a way to escape this lifestyle." He pauses, "But by judging this information it seems that Stefano is working with the Russians and using them as his hitmen to murder these people"

"But from what the file says, it's only the Italians and Spanish being targeted. There's nothing about any cartel or the Irish or even the bloody Triad mafia and they're ruthless" Alex questions.

"Exactly, but you're forgetting that Spanish and Italian mafia are globally the largest competing mafias in the world" Marco reminds him.

Now that's what I didn't know. If this is just one location then what more is there? I look at Tess with a pleading look trying to communicate my confusion.

"We're a New York based mafia. Like the Spanish, we once had domain in our home country but after the government began to get closer and closer to getting us both mafias migrated to America" Tess starts

Sighing, "You're really not going to give her a history level?" Mateo asks

"Yes I am, maybe it'll refreshes our memories and help. When they arrived in New York they quickly realised how gullible and susceptible the government are to bribery. From there they were able to grow assets all over the world, the mafia isn't organised crime, it's a business, and money makes the world go round. Only the Spanish, Italians and obviously the American's have their home base in New York, everyone else is in there home country but too have assets in New York." She explains

"But why would Stefano try to corrupt his own mafia?" Alex asks "And, he's getting the Spanish involved does that mean he's working with Alejandro or sorry Nicholas? Because that's extremely unlikely"

"I'll see what more I can find" Ray promises.

"Okay but back to the hot topic. What does this all have to do with Lucia?" Cass asks

Ryan nods, "Her Mother is Ana Santiago, ring a bell? She had an extremely high ranking in the Spanish mafia but- and I don't know what- something happened which led to her escaping the mafia. For four years she was safe, had a kid-Lucia- but when Lucia was 6 the Russians found her and killed Ana and the man she was dating at the time." He explained