8

Cassandra's P.O.V:
The drive back from the now blown up base if filled with a heavy morbid feeling which lingers in the air. I don't bat an eye towards Athena the entire time. I don't care whatever personal reason she has for not speaking but of all times she chooses to be silent, she chooses now.

This wasn't the plan. All she was supposed to do was hit all 11 soldiers and get out with the loot. But now I've just lost 11 soldiers. Some of my best too. Whatever she did, she has a lot of explaining to do.

Lucia is in the backseat and huddles up against the door of the car as she watches the cars drive by. My heart aches as I watch her take interest in a lady walking her dog.

"Cassandra Bianchi" I say to the guard in front of the entrance gates.

I don't know why I have to give them my I.D, I've been here enough times that they should know who I am.

Athena's face scrunches in confusion as she looks at the mansion before us. I drive up to the carpark on the side and park the car.

Still not talking to Athena, I exit the car to open the door for Lucia. Helping her out of the car, I hold her hand and take her to Athena's side. Knocking on the window, she finally steps out.

"Mateo's house. It's the only safe place I know of in this damned city" I say bluntly.

She gives me a small nod and follows me as I walk to the front door. Mateo opens the door with a huge smile but notices Lucia and turns his head to the side slightly.

"When did you have time to have a daughter?" He asks confusedly

"Is Marco home?" I ask

"It's his?" He panics

"No you fucking idiot I need to talk to him. Call the rest over here as well and tell Tess to bring her kit." I demand.

He nods finally understanding the urgency of all of this. I take Lucia to Mateo's room and put on some cartoons for her and give her a juice box and a bag of crisps.

The entire time Athena has been following me. As we walked through the house I watched as she observed the house and all its excessive details.

Talking her to a living room I sit down on the arm chair and she sits on the couch next to me.

"Talk" I glare at her

She shakes her head and bites her lip.

"This isn't the time to be acting like a fucking child. Tell me what you saw and what you did fucking wrong!" I yell

She closes her eyes but I watch as a tear rolls down her face.

Sighing, I leave and return with a notepad and pen.

"What happened" I hand her the stationary.

She grabs it nervously and writes down everything in a hurry. Athena hands me the paper and I scan through the writing, not noticing anything wrong at first but then seeing the part where she found Lucia.

"And you're sure you didn't touch anything?" I ask again

She shakes her head, in an instant I realise how harsh I'm being in her. She's never seen this sort of thing before, I have but just never in an area associated with the Italian mafia.

"Why won't you speak" I ask

"If I do, I'll be killed" She writes

I scoff and shake my head, "Stop with the bullshit." My patience begins to wear thin.

"You cannot tell anyone" She writes again

"If it threatens this mafia, then yes I will. But right now I'm more concerned about Lucia so I'm going to need you to tell me why you won't speak"