22

I never had any friends or cousins or any sort of relationships with people growing up to ever have anyone to sympathise for me when I got sick and now that I'm recovering, I realise it's not a feeling I would have ever longed for. For the first week that I was bed ridden everyone treated me like a schizophrenic child in an asylum, eventually they got the memo that I didn't particularily enjoy the cautious aura everyone had around me.

Dario was constantly busy with his mastermind plan but still occasionally bothered to visit me to cure me of my boredom. Unlike my other brother, he actually tried to form some sort of sibling connection. Nicholas hadn't even come to see me once, at least not whilst I was awake. And as for his fiance, well Alejandro tells me that Nicholas doesn't want me to meet her until the conditions are better suited for him. So from what I've gathered, he's the asshole of the family, not Dario.

According to Scarlett, I've recovered well enough that I can finally be free of my constriction to the hospital bed. I had to have some assistance with walking when I first got out but after two days my limp wasn't as bad anymore, but it was still noticable. The doc has put me on a bunch of drugs to help with...everything, Alejandro tried to talk to me about all that but he must of read my body language well enough to know I wasn't ready to discuss that matter.

Anyway, Nicholas has prepared a dinner in our home tonight and so that leads me to my current issue, what to wear. Alejandro gave me free online shopping rights whilst I was in bed and so I took as much advantage of that as I could and shopped my hearts desire out. The makeup I'd ordered hadn't arrived but I never really had much access to makeup growing up so it didn't bother me to go another day bare faced.

"Why are you stressing about what to wear anyways? It's just a dinner" Alex said mindlessly whilst scrolling on his phone.

I spun around to him with a glare, "Because it's a dinner with my long lost brother and his wife-to-be!"

He looked up from his phone, "You can just say fiance"

"Wife-to-be is more fun" I smile.

He rolls his eyes and walks over to my closet, "Wear this with that chunky gold bracelet, also I hope your ears are pierced because I can see a really cute pair of matching earrings" He grabs a chocolate brown dress and points.

I place a hand on my hip and squint, "Do you really think my kidnappers would of had time to get my ears pierced?"

His mouth drops and he scoffs, "How dare you play that card"

I blow a kiss "Coping mechanism, I'll deal with the trauma later" I smile and return to my closet.

Similar to the walls of the mansion, my bedroom is a cream colour with gold skirting lining the walls. The room is a guest room but I've been given free reign to decorate however I like. The idea of just having a room to myself is enough to send me into orbit.

"So when do I get to join forces with you and Dario?" I pipe.

He hushes me, "Our mission isn't exactly one you can just announce at any second" His eyes widen, "Also that won't be happening since Alejandro has given strict orders that you don't do any more work in this field" He says vaguely.

I roll my eyes, "I'm skilled enough to if not help you then help my Father and I'm open for improvement"

He shakes his head, "You're a natural, but you only just got your life back. It's time to relax" He looks at the clock on my wall, "You're gonna be late" He kisses me on the cheek and leaves.

Staring at the door as he closes it I realise that he's right about two things, 1- I'm going to be late and 2- the outfit he picked out is actually decent. Pulling the dress over my body, I put my heels on just as fast and rush over to my vanity to adorne myself in the jewellery I've been gifted. Pursing my lips as I check myself out in the mirror, I hold up the picture frame of my family next to me and scan the resemblance in my face with my Mothers.