26

Mateo's P.O.V

t.w: drug and alcohol abuse, sexual assault

The low hum of electric music welcomes me as I approach the club. The brick building located on the outer skirts of New York has forever been renound for a complex history which leaves all who enter puzzled on how the club is still open. A familiar face of a bouncer greets me at the entrance along with a string of memories of a troubled teenage past and a reliance with alcohol, there's no need for waiting in line for me to be let in.

My ears strain at the wave of loud music which floods my ears, immediately I tense when my eyes connect with the faces of familair people, remnants of my past taunting me once again. Like a black sheep in a flock of white, my appearance differs from the sweaty and half naked bodies of the drunken dancers around me. Rolling up the cuffs of my sleeves, I begin to make my way to the back of the club where I know there will be an elevator with limited access. As I push through the crowd, I find myself moving further away from the elevator and closer to the bar.0 Shaking off the temptation, I focus on the elevator and continue on my way to it.

"Back to rekindle old vices?", the red-lipped girl with black hair, slightly messy from whatever activities she's been up to tonight, licks her lips and smiles seductively- which only strengthens my distaste towards her.

Clearing my throat, I take in her appearance as flashes of purple and blue flicker across her body, "You know I'm always welcome here Inaja, let me in", I internally wince at how my voice sounds, disgusted by myself and the flashbacks which come with it, I bite my tongue as Inaja forms a smirk.

She takes a step closer, the palm of her hand resting on my shoulder. Even through my shirt,her cold hands send shivers through me as she draws circles with her index finger, "Why the change of heart?", Inaja pleasures in how I stiffen at her words.

"You know I have no interest in you, but I need access to the lowest level and you're going to give it to me", Inaja still doesn't give up, continuing to trace her hands all over my chest. Turning to my head to the side as she attempts to place her lips on my neck, I let out a shuddery breath, "Don't act like I'm more than just another man to you, let me in and I won't have to make this difficult"

Inaja turns my head down to her, "I don't mind playing dirty", she winks.

Pushing her off of me and shaking my head I begin to let my frustration seep in, "Just give me the access code"

She crosses her arms, "And why do you so desperately need to get down there?"

"Inaja, let me in", I lower my voice.

"Don't be so scared of your tormented past, learn to embrace it lover boy"

I freeze at her words, flashes of red and green clash and I begin to feel uneasy, "It's urgent Inaja, please don't make this harder than it has to be", I plead desperately and watch as she considers it.

Rolling her eyes, Inaja lets out a heavy sigh, "I don't like seeing men act like boys, it's a hard turn off", she licks her lips and turns to punch in the access code for the elevator.

Running a hand through my hair, I pace back and forth as I wait for the elevator to make it's way up to the ground level. Inaja pulls out her vape and I allow myself to calm down and watch as clouds of white air leave her nose. The elevator opens and I pause at the appearance of the velvet walls and small chandelier which emits a drowsy warm light.

"You don't have to do this. You got out once before, you can do it again", Inaja wraps her arms around herself, her brown eyes allowing some sorrow to seep through.

Not wanting to give the real reason as to why I am here, I only give her a small smile and make my way into the elevator. There's only two buttons inside, but I don't need Inaja to explain which one to press because I've played this game a few too many times before.