28

Marco's P.O.V:

"Are you fucking serious?" Tess storms up to me and grabs me by the collar, dragging me to my study.

"How'd you know where I was?", I ask; not bothered to act oblivious.

"You're damn lucky I'm the only one that does know, we've got a raid planned for 3am and yet you went out partying? Right now the others think that you just went out to prepare so you better pull your act together."

"Firstly, I didn't go out partying". She stops walking, pulls me down by the collar and smells my breathe.

"Good"

"No one saw me", I lie.

"Really?", Tess crosses her arms obviously not believing me.

"If they did, do you really think I'd be standing here right now?"

She pinches the bridge of her nose and sighs, "Stefano is allied with the Russians, you need to remember your place in this mafia, if you even slip up slightly they'll know. I don't think Dmitry likes the idea of his allied heir being a recluse"

"I have it under control", I promise.

"You fucking better, because it's 1am and you need to give a briefing before we unleash hell on the Spanish", she opens the door where Tess, Diego and Mateo are standing.

"Get out of my chair, Mat" I deadpan.

"Well you're no fun", he rolls his eyes and gets up swiftly.

There's a slight tension in the air, possibly a nervousness- either way, it's my job to abolish that.

"Make this quick boss we don't have much time", I nod and hurry to my armchair where a file sits at the desk with the mission stats. Diego comes to my side and passes out everybody's files.

"In each of your files is an in-depth description of your task tonight, just for the sake of it I'll briefly go through everyone's jobs tonight. We won't have any back up but since the wedding is currently happening, we'll have time."

"I hope this job doesn't cause them to post-pone their honeymoon" Diego mumbles quietly and Mateo muffles a laugh.

I sigh at their antics, "Tess, you're on standby as per usual checking surveillance and radars. Diego and Cass will be paired up, you'll be setting up the explosions and if you check your file it'll show who you have to put to sleep", Cass smirks at this and nudges Diego playfully. "Mat's with me, the guy who runs this base keeps all of the data on the Spanish, if we download it then we're one step closer to taking them down"

"Just the four of us?" Mateo asks.

"Five" Tess reminds him.

It may seem slack that Tess isn't involved in many physical missions but it's for her own safety. She's a sister to me and because of that I need to keep her protected, with Ray gone if she's on tech then that's the best way she can keep on her feet- I don't see the need to participate in these missions anyways, they're all involuntary. "This isn't the first time we've dealt with numbers, it's good exercise anyways I can't remember the last time I was out in the field"

Diego scoffs, "Alright team, let's fucking rock this boat, or whatever the saying is"

"That was disgusting", Tess crinkles her nose and leaves the room.

"We'll meet at the van in 25" I order and they all hurry out to gear up.

Tess has been driving for an hour, the base was further than anticipated but we'll still have time to do the job. Like most of their territory, the base is located at a loading dock. It's one of the biggest bases they've got but I've been given strict orders to retrieve all their personal information and blow up any evidence. Even his absence is somehow scarier than when he's at base, Stefano is the devil sitting on my shoulder.