23

Marco's P.O.V

5 months later

It's been almost half a year since I last talked to Stefano. The only contact I've had with him was a letter talking about how the warehouse incident was to build character, bullshit. He's been on business in Russia, negotiating with their Don or at least that's what I've been briefly told. You'd assume that because he's not here that I would have adopted peace into my life. Well actually, now that Stefano is in Russia, I've been bombarded with the duties of his role as Don.

Mateo too easily became comfortable with his role as my left hand man but Diego on the contrary has kept me on a tight leash. Ever sine he found out about Alex he's had two goals- 1. To murder Alex the moment he finds him and 2. To remain as my bodyguard. I don't mind the company but every now and then I'd like to have a shower without him standing outside the door with a shotgun.

For the first month that Athena was gone, Diego and Cass went on a rampage trying to discover Athena's affiliations to the Spanish. It took some digging, but eventually they found out she was the long lost daughter of Alejandro Rodriguez. That I didn't expect, all hell broke loose when they revealed this information. Diego's theory was that her whole background was a lie and that she and Alex were undercover but Cass reassured him that the whole situation was a coincidence. She's been cooped up in their mansion since and as for Alex, he may as well be dead because there has been no trace of him.

A knock at my office door and Diego grabs out his gun to let them in.

"Jesus Diego, it's been five months" Mateo puts his hands in the air as he walks in and Diego scoffs in return.

"To what do I owe your pleasure?" I ask him to break the tension.

He sighs and slumps down into the chair opposite me, "He's coming back and with the Vodka worshippers" Marco chucks a letter onto my table.

My heart begins to race but I pick up the letter anyways and read whatever bullshit Stefano has wrote.

"This was issued two days ago, he must already be back!" I look to Diego who's eyes harden.

Mateo raises his brows, "Look, you've done a well enough job keeping this mafia together whilst he's been gone. So surely he won't have any bad news, at least for you"

Diego interupts, "It's Stefano, bad news is like his forte"

The door opens to quick for Diego to react, a familiar yet panting blonde making her presence known, "He's back"

Mateo waves the letter, "We know"

She rolls her eyes, "No, he's like back back." She swallows, "And he's brought company"

My eyes widen, "He brought them to the mansion?" I stand up out of my chair.

"There's a bunch of bentleys pulling up in our driveway right now, you better fucking get to the lobby before he does" She rushes.

I let out a curse, grab my coat and rush out the door with Diego following close behind. Every step feels to slow and I try my hardest to strain my hearing for the voices of Stefano and his new pals. Finally making it to the top of the staircase, the butler opens the door to let them in. I stop where I am and Diego almost crashes into me.

The lobby is suddenly filled with high ranking men all dressed in business attire, the only two who stand out is my Father and Dmitry Semenov. I slowly descend the stairs and watch as my Father stops his conversation and directs a hand straight at me. I place a hand on my stomach and keep a noncholant facade even as my Father smirks at me hideously.

"Marco, you're fond of our alliance with the Russians and especially Dmitry Semenov" Stefano gestures to him.

"What a name" Mateo mumbles and I kick him lightly. When did he get here?