4

According to Alexander, I've been here for two months. During that time I've become accustomed to the fact that I'm going to have to kill somebody. When I started out, I was terrified but Tess told me that it's kill or be killed and I don't have a choice.

Stefano finally granted me permission to freely walk around the building, or at least this level of the building. On one of the many nights where I found it hard to sleep, I walked over to the gym to train, but when I arrived I wasn't the only one there.

Marco was doing some form of a workout circuit, I'd seen him workout before but something about the low light made it hard to take my eyes off of him. I've been told that Mateo and Marco don't live here and that at their mansion they both have their own personal quarters but yet they still prefer to train with the other soldiers.

Diego and Alex also don't live here but it's hard to gather information when you can't ask any questions. What I do know is that Tess and Cass live on the same level as me. Once, Tess took me back to the room (which she shared with Cass) and I had to bite my tongue to prevent tears from escaping my eyes. Unlike me, they're room was fully furnished and completely livable whereas I lived in what was once a storge cupboard for towels.

"What are you doing here" He had said that night

I shrugged and pulled out my notepad to write something.

"Don't even bother with me right now, unlike the others I don't accept your ignorant
attempt of communication" He spat

Shocked, I glared back at him.

"You look better when you smile" He tempted "but I could get used to this look"

"You're fucking repulsive" I handed him the writing and walked back out to get as far away as I can from him.

Either way, my progress has been steady enough that I've been allowed to go on my first mission.

"Ready to go?" Cassandra questioned

"What's the stats for the mission" I write

"Tess will be on comms with Ray from the communications department. He's mapped out the place for us so we know where to go. Alexander will be there too since we need a sniper and I'll have a bunch of randoms on the team just to increase the numbers." She explains whilst scrolling through the data on her tablet.

"What's taking you guys so long, the team's waiting for us in the vans. Chop chop let's go" Alexander grabs my arm and drags me out.

He takes us to an elevator which I've never seen before and presses the button for the ground level floor. For the first time in 2 months I see light coming from the windows of the garage. Multiple vehicles ranging from all models and types are neatly parked through the garage. Ahead I spot two black vans being prepped to leave, Cass has run ahead to talk to the team so lucky me is stuck with Alex.

"Try not to worry too much about Cass. She acts like she has a stick up her ass when it comes to these raids. Just stick to what you know and don't let her get to your head. I've seen you train and trust me you've progressed rapidly" He offers a comforting smile.

"I doubt today will be that tough though. Cass will act as your guard to direct you around since you're only job is to assassinate the artillery supplier." He pokes his tongue into his cheek, "the first few hits are the worst, but as long as you don't murder someone who was innocent, the idea of killing a criminal isn't too bad"

I look at his with a confused look. How can a criminal compare his actions to another criminal's and claim it to be not as bad. We are in an industry where no one is innocent and no one deserves any mercy.