30

Nicholas' POV:

"Are you going to have to post pone the honey moon or what, because we've just lost a heap of stock and profit from that attack", Antonio carries on as we walk away from the police who are investigating the scene. They asked the usual, wanted to know if this was planned arson so that we could get insurance money or if it was some sort of terrorist attack - we dismissed this all truthfully; honestly we were more nervous if they were aware of what stock was here.

"I'm more concerned about how I wasn't made aware of this until the morning, I thought we were supposed to have the best tech and yet we can't find any footage, all soldiers have been shot or blown to bits and even then I find out all of this happened from a fucking news update?, I run a stressed hand through my hair and spit on the ground, "This isn't just a stock base, it's a data base and whoever attacked this place, whether they be Russian, Italian or fucking Irish, now have information vital to this empire."

Antonio curses and takes out a cigarette to ease his mind, "I'm assembling a team," he says, unlit cigarette dangling between his teeth, "Of our best men, this wasn't a random attack and so we're going to need to be more on guard than ever if we want to prevent this from happening again."

I clasp him on the back, "You work on that, because the moment I get back to my office I'm going to be swarmed by calls from lawyers, the IT department and Tanya", he scoffs at the mention of my wife, "No seriously, swarmed. Just see what you can do without me and I'll get back to you by the end of the day",  he send me a tight nod and jogs over to where his car is.

I do the same and stay in my car for a few short minutes to recollect my thoughts and plan out what I am doing. Grabbing my phone I dial Tanya's number, priorities first.

"Baby don't worry about the honey moon, you do whatever you need to with work and then we'll go when this all settles, I don't care if that takes five years", she rambles out just as the line picks up.

I turn on the ignition to my car and drive off from the base, "Baby I can make other arrangements, Dad and Antonio can take over and we can just get out of here."

"It's all over the news, and from what I've seen I don't think this was a random attack. You're going to need to focus on it as much as you can"

I sigh heavily, "We got married only just yesterday and not even life is sympathetic enough to give us a break"

She laughs softly, "It'll give me more bonding time with Athie, where is she anyways?"

"She had an appointment and Dad was there with her, but when he got the call about what happened he had to leave," my mind trails off, oh shit," Baby can I call you back? I need to check up on Athena"

"Yeah of course is everything okay?'

"It is, I just need to check on something. I'll call you back later, love you, bye" I hang up quickly and dial a number which has become foreign to me. I almost hang up as it rings out but in the last moment I hear the muffled sound of the phone pick up.

"Phone was in the backseat, sorry mate I haven't connected it to this car yet otherwise I would of picked up sooner, Athie can you try get it on bluetooth? Thanks"

"I see he sent you"

"Well I don't think he likes the idea of anyone knowing about her private history" I hear a grunt from him from the other end of the phone as he curses from Athena hitting him.

"Right, and so you're taking her home?"

"After we go to McDonald's, and we need to pick up a thing, but we were thinking of stopping back in at base"