16

Dario's P.O.V:
"I fucked up" My accomplice says over the phone.

"What do you mean 'you fucked up ' " I question.

"I swear I had her but then we weren't sure if it was actually her so I was trying to wait it out a little to get back the dna results but I waited too long Dario" He pleaded.

"Where is she"

"Stefano took her, no one knows where but Marco believes she's at one of these few warehouses Stefano takes a lot of his captives, I'll send you the information now"

"Jesus, how do we keep losing her?"

"It's hard I know, but I'm working undercover for two separate teams which is a lot harder that what it appears. Plus I actually have to try and participate in all this Italian mafia crap without seeming suspicious and it's fucking hard you know" He rambles on.

I pace throughout my apartment,"Fuck man, you should have just taken her whilst you could have. I mean fuck" I punch the wall of my apartment and Vespa wines.

"When did you get a dog?"

"Her name is Vespa and she's not a dog, she's a little lady" I explain.

He lets out a humored breathe,"Look I've gotta go, we've got some Spanish mafia base raid happening soon and I need to help prevent it as much as I can let it happen"

"Spanish mafia raid?"

"Going to be the biggest one yet, we've got targets that are going to be assassinated and a shit ton of stuff that's going to be stolen"

" When's it happening?"

"Two weeks from now"

"Okay then, good luck" I hang up the call as he mumbles out a goodbye.

Slumping down into my chair, I pinch the bridge of my nose, "This girl is going to be the death of me" I tell Vespa.

She tilts her head in response, "Time to get busy" I rub my hands together and open up my laptop to begin the search.

Putting my laptop into lockdown,  I type in stolen codes and start scanning all possible locations for where she is being held captive. The coordinates that my apprentice found come in and I start matching them up with what I've found. I'm able to surface footage from inside of the Italian base from when she is captured. It's only a few seconds of footage but every second counts. 

Based off of what I find, the girl appears to be dragged into a black van, three men hold her but their faces are masked so identifying them will be a pain. Zooming in on her face and de-pixelating it I can just make out what they've done to her. She's obviously been drugged, or has just passed out based on the way her mouth hangs open. Zooming further I notice inflamed red marks all over her throat. 

Narrowing my eyes at the sight, I attend my focus on the number plate instead. Security footage from outside the building shows the vehicle leaving at 7:22pm, I'm able to track where the van goes from there but eventually come to a dead end as the van drives towards a forest that most likely does not have any survelliance. 

Skipping forward on the clips, at 9:47pm the van drives back in the exact same direction and returns to base. The drive from base to the forest is 45minutes to and from, meaning that's an hour and a half dedicated to a monitored drive. That leaves 55 minutes give or take to continue to the unidentified location. 

"Given the coordinates, they were heading to the Bronx River Forest, but I've dug as deep as I possibly could and have found no documents or record of any buildings being built there"

"Well that's because it's a fucking nature reserve"  My apprentice (if you will), says bitterly.

"Yeah well according to these cameras it's also where they were headed because there's no footage of them leaving the place" I say just as bitterly.

"Then get some fucking drones up there and scout it out"

"You are aware of who we're up against, right?" I remind him

"Well then you're going to have to take a leap of faith

"How's everything going on your end?" I try to diffuse the tension.

"Everyone's freaking out but doing their best to conceal it, Mateo- despite having to supposedly organise this whole thing, hasn't said a word and without Ray we're absoluetely fucked" 

"Hang in tight okay, as soon as we find her you can stop" 

" But I did find her" His voice cracks.

"You and I both knew it wasn't safe to break cover yet"

"When are you going to tell me your master plan, I can't be left in the dark like this. If and only if we do find her and retrieve her, what's the importance of it and what will it do"

"It'll do, a lot"

"You haven't figured it all out yet?" He sighs

"I rely on spontaneous bursts of energy to keep me functioning" I compensate

"Focus on your manhunt"  He hangs up.

"Actually I'll do the opposite" I say to myself as I lock my laptop and go to pour myself a drink.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The club is more packed then usual. Usually, I hire a lounge and just absorb myself into the atmosphere, allowing my eyes to blur into the haze of colours and bodies. But this time I indulge in the popular activities, I'm able to drown out the blaring music and instead let my mind submit to it's interest in my surroundings.

Sitting across from me, in what doesn't seem like clubbing attire, is a man with a buzzed hair style, unbuttoned undershirt and a dark tone to his skin that has an edge to it when the light hits it. Despite the bodies surrounding him, his gaze latches onto mine. I return the stare and he lifts up his glass and finishes off what was left in it. Slowly making my way over to him, I watch as his expression changes slightly as if he wasn't expecting me to come his way.

"You're brave" His voice is slightly raspy. Fuck that's hot.

"That's one word for me" I say as I sit down next to him and take his drink out of his hands and sculling the entire thing.

"Do you even know who I am?" He raises a brow but doesn't protest.

"Oh please, don't be so anal" I smirk as I set down the empty glass, "Holden Davis" 

"I must have a reputation, no?" He returns the smirk

"If that's what you want to call it?"

"Well then, who are you exactly?" Pride evident in his tone.

"That wouldn't be any fun" I turn my attention off of the dancing and onto him.

"It's only fair"

"Look, Mr-All-American-Boy" I give him a wide grin, "Just know that your cover has been blown, and your shitty fake accent isn't as good as you think it is. As much of a shame it is that you're a Russian member who happens to be extremely attractive, let this be known that as oblivious as the other mafias are to your plan with Stefano, I'm onto you" I raise and lower my brows quickly as I watch his face vary in emotions. "Shakh i mat" I send him a wink.

Clasping him on the shoulder, I take a shot and raise the glass up to him and then crush the glass in my hands. 

"You're a fucking pscyho"

"Why else do you think I don't work for the Spanish?" I pat his thigh and leave the lounge.