7

I'm not going to be too cocky about what happened yesterday but...actually I will be. I mean for somebody who's never been the most athletic person I definitely put on a good show yesterday.

Marco will probably hate me forever, but I couldn't care less. It was about time somebody put him in his place.

Just as I'm pulling my shirt over my head to go to training, the door opens behind me and I spin around in a panic to see who it is.

"Rise and shine Athie, time to endure yet another day of training"  Cass looks straight at me, avoiding the fact that I only have a shirt and underwear on.

Mortified I stare back at her and shoo her with my hands, signalling for her to get the bell out. She laughs and shuts the door behind herself.

"Marco, as you've seen. Is a sore loser, he doesn't like having....talented rivals." She says over the speaker.

I sigh and roll my eyes as I slip on my pants. What's with this guy? I mean I won and he lost, that's just the facts. I really can't help it if I'm just better than him.

"Use that to your advantage, let it fuel your strength. You may have beaten him but he has something you don't, which is the lust for control. You need to find a reason to be doing this and let that consume you" She explains

Find a reason to do this? She must be joking, surely she knows I didn't have a choice in this. Shaking my head to clear my thought, I press the open button and walk out to hear the rest of what he has to say.

Walking through the halls she goes on about training strategies and how they fit in with real life missions, but I hardly listen to them.

"As an assassin, you're going to have to come to terms with the idea of murder. It's scary yes, but most people you'll meet here have killed somebody before the age 0f 16" She says casually

I haven't thought about my first kills until now. When we were out there, my mind was so focused on the mission that it was distracted from the lives I took. I didn't even see the faces of the people I killed. I just saw their bodies drop to the floor and blood spew out of them as my arrows hit them.

They tried to explain to me how the arrows work, all I understood is that they're metal and because they're shot at a speed fast enough, anything it hits with die a fatal death. But that's the simplified version.

"Since you, for whatever reason, choose not to speak. We're going to have to develop some form of non verbal communication." Cass purses her lips.

I'm slowly starting to forget what my voice sounded like. My throat constantly feels dry from lack of use and the constant urge to speak is slowly beginning to consume me.

————————————————————————
"Today's training requires a different environment. Stefano has granted me access to an old base. There, I've allocated a team which you're to go up against. All you can know is that there is 11 of them and one of you." Cass explains as we exit the elevator and enter the garage.

"The whole Katniss act is badass and all, but you're going to need to start using real weapons. We've designed- well not me personally, a gun which replicates an M16 just without the killer ammo" She watches my expression, "If you're going to work for us you're going to need to learn what different guns are. A M16 is a military riffle, that said I hope you know how to control a weapon that produces that much recoil" She smirks before opening the car door "ladies first".

I get in the vehicle and strap myself in, turning to her for the next set of information I'm quickly shunned by darkness as she wraps a blindfold over my eyes.