Chapter Seven - Falling For Liam Mairi

I spent the better part of my evening crying in Liam's arms. I didn't quite understand why I broke down sobbing....I still don't.

There was something inside of Jack that wasn't right...something underneath his signet that is pure unnatural evil, and it had skittered under my very skin. It had taken control of my emotions. The raw rage that was coursing through me wasn't mine own. I've never felt that rage before in my life and it was terrifying.

I had almost lost a piece of my soul that would never come back if Ryuu and Liam didn't save me. There were seconds left before I had almost killed him....there would have been no going back if I did. I wanted to be sick, wanted to rid myself of his aftertaste that continued to linger inside me. It felt violating.

"I'm terrified" I whispered in the dark of my bedroom. Liam shifts under me as his hand comes to caress my tear stained cheek. "What happened?" His soothing voice calming my nerves just a smidge.

"I've never felt so much evil beneath someone's surface before. It felt like everything was rotten...felt like I was touching something that was going to bring me under a darkness I've never known. I could feel it's decay skittering under my skin...seeping into my bones. I was so terrified but his rage was consuming me.....like it was daring me to kill him." I search for his eyes in the moonlight that was cast through my window.

"It's lingering....and I'm terrified it's never going to leave." My voice was shaking.

His hands find my waist as he grips me and pulls me onto his lap. I straddle him, his hands moving from my waist to cup my face.

"I shouldn't have left you. I should have sent Ridoc to find Xaden. Should have asked Deigh to warn Sgaeyl."

"No. Don't try to blame yourself. This is all me. I let my need to protect out-weight the smarter choice. It was stupid." His thumbs start to caress my cheeks.

"It was brave." He says. His lips brush mine for a delicate moment before pulling away all too soon.

"I would prefer if you didn't run into danger with no real plan of attack but that's one of the reasons I find you incredible. You don't second guess yourself. You will always choose to protect the people you love no matter the circumstances." I make out his dimpled smile in the moonlight as I relax deeper into him.

"Why do you have to be so perfect?" I question teasingly. "Well someone's gotta do it, might as well be me."

I couldn't help the laughter that slipped from my lips. It felt good to laugh....felt good to not feel this rotting darkness linger in my bones. Liam tucks a strand of my wild curls behind my ear. "Gods your laughter is pure sunshine." he marveled as the butterflies in my stomach take flight.

The silence blankets us as he rubs his hands soothingly up and down my thighs straddling him. My hand trembles slightly as I reach towards his face. My fingers outlining his perfect features. The hard lines of his jaw....then one finger slowly moving down the center of his perfect nose. Before I hook my fingers under his chin, my thumb runs along his soft lips.

His hands trail up to the hem of my shirt slowly lifting it higher and hovering at my midsection. "Is this okay?" His voice husky. "Yes" I say barely above a whisper.

I lift my arms up as he continues pulling my shirt off and tossing it to the ground. His fingers trailing down my bare back before stopping right at the hooks of my bra. My heart was beating so erratically I swear it is going to burst.

He slowly unhooks each one. A shiver runs down my spine at the feel of his skin on mine. He slips my straps off my shoulder his finger tips graze down my arms with it. Adding it to the floor with my shirt. A small whimper escapes my lips at the feel of his hands palming my breast and rolling my nipples in between his fingers.

I trail my hands down his chest towards the hem of his own shirt and pull it up. Liam leans up helping me pull it over his head. There was something sexy about using our touch to guide us. My need and desire for him dances down my spine as my hands stroke the hard dips and grooves of his muscular stomach.

His hands leave my breast as they make their way towards the button of my pants. When he doesn't sense any objection he swiftly unbuttons them and guides me off him. My back lays down on my bed as Liam comes to kneel next to me pulling my pants off. I do the same helping him unbutton and pull his own off.

He hovers above me his lips finding mine again. I marveled in the feel of his weight pressing me into the mattress. His teeth graze on the hollow part of my throat  as a new round of shivers dance down my spine. The anticipation and excitement swirling in my stomach.

His lips and teeth trail down from my throat to my collarbone until he reached my breast. A shuddered breath leaves my lips at the feel of his teeth and tongue playing a tortuous game.

My hands roamed the hard muscles of his back. Every inch of his body was perfection. It almost made me self conscious. He was more than perfect to be honest.

"Are you sure this okay? We can stop..." he questions as I shake my head "please don't stop. I want this...I want you."

That was all the confirmation he needed. A breathy gasp leaves my lips as he slowly sinks into me stretching me.

A soft moan escapes me as he rolls his hips. Jesus he knew exactly what he was doing...my fingertips brush up and down the planes of his back as he continues to sink deeper into me.

He pulls back and thrust forward my nails sink into his shoulders my back arching "Oh my Gods..."

"You feel incredible Wren." His voice was raspy. Each and every thrust deliciously filling me.

My legs wrap around his hips, ankles crossing at the bottom of his back trying to keep him deep inside me.

His head falls to my shoulder, his lips trailing kisses from my collarbone to my neck until his lips finally meet mine again. He smiles against me. A happy content smile.

My breath hitches when he thrust deep while his thumb rubs against my clit. My body arching and tensing before melting then bursting into flames. "Liam" I moan out as my orgasm hits me with a force. Every nerve was tingling...my stomach dipping in waves as I try to come back to my senses.

I never thought sex could be this unexplainably good. Could be so incredible that I would see stars.

Liam's thrusts become sloppier, his moans becoming louder. Was it even possible to get turned on by the sounds he was making? Because I definitely am.

His mouth crashes into mine as he slows shuddering and throbbing inside me. His forehead falls to mine, our breathing labored. His lips press to my forehead and he inhales.

"That was...." I trail off "Incredible" he answers for me. His lips brushing against mine in a tender kiss.

I didn't want this moment to end. How did my day go from feeling terrified to complete and utter bliss. There was no doubt about it...I was falling for Liam Mairi.