Chapter Thirty Three - Thought I Caught Lightning In A Bottle

🗡 Bodhi 🗡

The sun is peeking through my window as I lay here staring at her sleeping peacefully in my arms. I've never been in awe of someone's beauty before, but there is something about Wren that makes her utterly captivating to me.

I carefully trace the slope of her nose, her body starting to stir as I move some of her curls away from her face. I was so overwhelming in love with her it takes my breath away. So in love that my soul has been searching a lifetime to find her, and now that I have I'm consumed with her and only her.

It was devastating watching her love Liam. Watching the woman my heart beats for, beat for someone else. It was a slow torturous pain. I've tried my best to be respectful of her grief. Did my best to help her heal without pushing my own feelings on to her.

I want her to love me because she chose to, not because she felt obligated to.

I lean in to kiss her forehead whispering I love you before she starts to stir again. Her eyes flutter slowly open as she meets my gaze, her sleepy smile making my heart skip. No one should look this stunning in the morning.

"You love me huh?" She questions as she stretches her body.

"I think I've made it painfully obvious that I'm completely and madly in love with you." I lean in to kiss her, her body melting into mine.

I know she's not ready to say it back, I don't need her to. She already shows her love for me in different ways.

I move to hover above her, my eyes glued on the way she bites her bottom lip. "Bod....what are you doing?" She questions.

"You...."

Her giggle fills the room before its cut short by a gasp when I thrust slowly into her. I swear she was made for me.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ⋆⁺₊🗡⋆⁺₊ ༓・*˚⁺‧͙

☽ Wren ☾

I walk next to Sawyer listening to Ridoc go on about how bad it is for Vi to be spending her weekends flying to Samara to be holed up in a room with Riorson while we climb the staircase of the academic wing with the crowd headed for Battle Brief. 

"As opposed to...." Vi glances his way. 

"Being a normal second-year and spending some time blowing off a little steam every now and then." Sawyer answers for Ridoc. Ever since the interrogation, our squadmates have barely let Vi out of their sights. Luckily for me I have Bodhi to occupy my time....and he's occupied very....very nicely. A blush creeps up my cheeks remembering the last few days. 

"Look around us Sawyer....none of this is normal." I tell him, his eyes soften when he looks down at me wrapping me in a side hug as we continue to walk.

"I'm fine." Vi looks at the both of them. "This is just what happens when mated dragons bond to riders in different years." She explains. My sharp pain exploding in my chest realizing that this will be me next year.....the back and forth trying to see Bodhi. To not have constant communication with him. 

"It's why they usually don't do it." Ridoc mutters, his eyes flicking to mine for a brief moment.

"First Squad lost someone." Rhiannon says, coming up behind us as we reach the second floor. "They just came out of interrogation about an hour ago. Sorrel's name will be on the death roll tomorrow."