Chapter Nine - Fiery Spirit

February came and left like an exhausted furry. Any free time Vi had was now spent with Riorson and although I miss my best friend, I can't complain because it means Liam had more time to spend with me and I selfishly took all that spare time I could.

When March arrives I've realized that we are getting closer and closer to the Squad Battles. The closer I was to surviving this year....one I thought was going to kill me.

We were standing in formation after listening to the death roll. Violet and Rhi were discussing how Vedie from Second Wing died. Ridoc turns to me and Sawyer. "Realistically if we were rating all the riders based solely on looks who would be your top three?" He questions. I look at him incredulously.

"We are not doing that" Sawyer says contemplating something in his head at the same time. "I think it's no surprise that Wren is on my list.." Ridoc pauses looking next to me at my very tall, very strong, very annoyed boyfriend.  "No offense Adonis. You already know you're dating the one girl every guy here wishes they had." He stands up straight again, my brows furrow at his comment in confusion. "But who else would I pick in my top three. The options are honestly endless....even though he's our wing leader I think Vi would agree with me that Riorson deserves a spot on the top three."

Violet turns around throwing daggers with her eyes at Ridoc as he shrugs his shoulders. "Don't look at me like that. You know I'm speaking truth. You're just too chicken to admit that he is very attractive." He cocks a brow. "I am not. I just don't think we should be ranking fellow riders after listening to the death roll." She scoffs. "I'm just trying to lighten the mood...jeez." He rolls his eyes.

"Soleil....sorry Liam but Wren, and Imogen." Sawyer says making everyone turn their heads toward him in shock. Liam was the first one to speak. "Don't let Imogen hear you says she's in your top three" He chuckles "She will skin you alive."

Soon we all started laughing. It was such a ridiculous question but one that made us forget for a few moments how stressed we've all been. Everyone goes around stating people. When it was Liam's turn he looks me right in the eyes with a slight smile displayed on his full lips.

"There's only one on my list and it's Wren. No one will ever compare to her in the slightest. Not when she exist." I wrap my arms around his neck, giving him a sweet little kiss. "Glad to see his priorities are in the right spot." Ryuu says as I roll my eyes. "Don't screw up your answer little bird" he chortles. "Shut up" I snap down the bond. I swear I could hear his chuckle of amusement.

Violet refuses to answer but we all let it slide. We all see how she looks at Riorson. Even if she denies her feelings. It was my turn as I look up at Liam smiling at me. "Liam. Only Liam." His face beaming as he looks down at me meeting my stare.

Ridoc scoffs "Oh come on love birds. We all know you're in love" he says in air quotes. "But let's be real. You can not tell me you don't find anyone else attractive?!"

"It's not about stating who else we find attractive or not, Ridoc. It's about having respect for each other. What good would it do? I'm with Wren, and that is all that matters and I won't disrespect her and what we have together to answer some silly game you concocted in your head."

"Now that's a real man" Rhi says as I nod my head at a total loss of words. Gods he was so fucking sexy right now. "And he's all mine" I state proudly.

Rhiannon takes the silence as an opportunity to change the subject. "Definitely wish we could skip class today." she mutters blowing on her hands to keep warm.

"No skipping class today" Dain pins us all with a deep stare. "We're weeks away from the Squad Battle and we need every single one of you at your best to win."