Chapter Twenty Nine - Beauitfully Fearless

Bodhi's POV

Gods she was so beauitful.

The kind of beauty I could spend forever memorizing what makes her, her.

I watch her carefully walk around First and Second Wings dragons with her friends. I'm one of the few third years here. Selfishly I chose to be here, if only to get a glimpse of Wren. I love watching her fly. It came so effortlessly to her. There was a reason she was one of the best flyers in the quadrant.

A spike of jealousy erupts when I see Ridoc put his arm around Wren's shoulder. My stomach twisting knowing he's touched her in the ways I desperately want to. I may be secure enough to let her explore her options but it does not mean I don't want to wipe the floor with his smug smirk.

"I can practically smell the envy from where I stand." Nuri chuckles.

"It's not envy." I snap.

"Oh it's not. I'm sorry I must be mistaken. You're okay letting the little guy take what's yours every night."

"She been in my bed every night since...." I defend, finding Nuri's golden gaze on mine from across the field.

"Yet you don't make a move. Come on pretty boy, fight for her." Nuri urges. I could feel the tension building in my shoulders. My gaze going back to Wren, Ridoc's arm still slung over her shoulders.

"I've pretty much professed my love to her two nights ago....I'm not exactly sure what more I can do." My eyes narrow when I watch Ridoc lean in to kiss her cheek, my fist clenching at my side. A hand rest on my shoulder as Imogen whistles next to me.

"Damn....that's gotta suck seeing another guy moving in on your girl." She gives me a sympathetic pout.

"She's not my girl." I correct her. No matter how desperately I want her to be.

"Come on Bodhi. You act like were blind, everyone knows how in love you are with her."

"It doesn't really matter what I feel...." I admit as she shakes her head.

"For the record, I see the way she looks at you. Even if she hasn't admitted it to herself yet, she's in love with you."

I whip my head to look at Imogen. There's no semblance of a joke crossing her face. She was being serious. She pats my shoulder once more before heading off towards her dragon.

When I turn my attention back on Wren I notice Varrish make his way towards Sorrengail. Wren unsheaths her dagger as she takes a small step in front of her friend. "Shit..." I mutter under my breath as I take off towards her.

I hear the tail end of Varrish's threat. "You will mount and fly to your training location with Professor Carr to receive your punishment."

"The fuck she will" Wren snaps her knuckles turning white as her grip tightens around her dagger. The sky starts to darken around us, everyone looking up with furrowed brows.

"Wren...." My voice flooding through our link.

"What is going on?" Matthias asks, her gaze jumping between Varrish, Wren and Sorrengail, walking back over to the three of them.

I make it to Wren's side, her gaze doesn't leave Varrish but her iridescent light caresses me acknowledging my presences. She's got an iron lock on her mental shields, not trusting Varrish.

"It wouldn't be wise of you, Blackwell to threaten your Vice Commandant. Or maybe you'll find yourself taking the place of your friend." He warns her.

Wren's eyes narrow. "You think I'm scared of your punishments Vice Commandant..." Wren takes a step closer looking him up and down with disgust. "You have no idea what I'm capable of."