-34-

N-no you need to ask properly or at least follow the standard social requirements...but he isn't human is he? How does it work with Asgardians?

I mean even for mortals like me I'm going pretty fast over here assuming he's my friend when he just learned my name. And Asgardians live longer so surely that means they take longer to consider someone a friend?

But Thor-? No Thor is just well Thor!

I'm thinking it over too much great another thing to worry about all the social cues and norms that I try to keep track of so that I don't feel so...well like right now, they don't apply to the two Gods do they? And what about the others are things different here?

I should ask him. No I shouldn't, definitely not a good idea! I'd be a weirdo and that is out of-

"Are we friends?"

Why? Is it my life's purpose to torture myself?! Was I created with a bug that causes my body to betray me as such?

"I-I mean, would you like to be friends...as in you my friend? I know y-your a god and a prince while I'm, well me. B-but it really would like you to be my friend and like actually know you other than the character. Why can't I shut up I wanna shut up! This is stupid, please ignore, I never asked okay?"

I'm not even looking at him, why can't I make eye contact? This is ridiculously utterly ridiculous!

Great now I'm quoting Draco Malfoy yet annoying morally dubious bad boy I should have never grown attached to.

I tentatively raise my eyes to look up, because of course I have to constantly look up to be able to stare into Loki's eyes, maybe I should cut him off at mid calf length that way he'd be more of a normal height. And yeah it's as awkward and weird as I'd imagined, he hasn't spoken a word and just looks baffled but apparently me looking snapped him out of it.

All I received is a pat to the top of my head like I'm some pet while he clears his throat looking confused.

"Sure you can Little Lady."

Yes it's embarrassing and yes Loki is most likely attempting to demean me, most likely because he doesn't believe I genuinely want to be his friend. But that doesn't take away from how he actually agreed to be my friend!

To help my own case I bite my tongue rolling my eyes and looking back at everyone else, my smile however seems impossible to completely erase so it's now smaller but all the brighter.

"Are those your actual priorities? Befriending the evil God, oh sorry that right no longer even since you said so! Befriending reindeer games, cuz why not? It's not like half our lives now depend on you since you know the future and think it needs changing. I'm not complaining, really but could we please focus?!"