Chapter 2: Elope

Celeste

I was right, I was talking to a hot psychopath, he set the place on fire, and a few people escaped before the place collapsed, I got out before I could get hurt along with my parents, and we escaped before we were caught up with the police.

I didn't find a husband, but I did find out about a psychopath killer, and for some reason, he didn't want to hurt me he was for sure after a group of people, he could have shot the person he was after from afar, but he didn't.

It's been a week since the ball, and I haven't heard of him since then, and I goddamn hate myself since I haven't been able to keep him out of my head-

"CELESTE!" I flinch tumbling back on my heels, Fathers shout catching my attention back to reality, I glance in his direction catching him fuming, my mother beside him giving me worried eyes.

"Yes, Father?" I politely spoke, hiding my irritation and fear behind my voice, his frown deepening, when he expectedly grasped my wrist, I hold in my yelping from his tight grip, keeping my straight poker face I glare him back "What the fuck did I just say"

Nervously I glance back at Mother- he grabs my chin forcing me to look him in the eyes, and my yelp escapes, from his tight grip, my eyes water from the pain "Don't look at her, What. Did. I. Say" Each word coming as a tense hiss out of his mouth turned into a deep snarl.

Feeling my body trembling beneath his touch, the pool of tears ready to erupt from my eyes but I hold them back, I may be an independent, strong, and fierce woman.

But that doesn't mean I'm not afraid of certain men, I'm still human and have feelings, including fear, especially my father, who's abused me and manipulated me my entire life, I have deep disrespect for the man, and I deeply hate it, but I'm not stupid enough to talk back, he wouldn't give a single shit if he killed me.

But I will not allow myself to end up in a marriage like my father and mother, a marriage where she hides herself underneath makeup.

Hiding the bruises he makes beneath multiple bottles of foundation. "No...Father, I'm sorry I wasn't listening I-"

A slap cuts me off mid-sentence, and my head goes flying to the side, I nearly fall tumble behind to the ground from the force of the slap and my high heels, my hand holds my tensing cheek, my hair covering my face from the angry tears ready to slip from my eyes.

Hold It Together Cely.

I glared down at the ground, my chest heaving up and down, from the frustration and the urge to slap the fucker back.

He then grasps me by the wrists, slamming my body against the wall causing me to release a squeal, trapping me in his disgusting body, I face him, a snarl on my lips as he laughs straight at my face.

"Your days of finding a husband are over, I have found you a perfect match who you will have no option to obey" Obey, is such an easy word, with so much pain in it.

"Damian Morana," the name hangs between us, the thick air already building and the silence is so loud, he waited and watched my expression, waiting for fear to cross my face but I didn't allow it, he will not see me weak again.

Damian Morana, The Italian Mafia don, I don't know who the man is or what he looks like, but from the rumors of him...I know well enough to know he is not a good man.