Chapter 8: Trust

Celeste

Drowning in the water I hold my breath, my hair flying over my naked chest and neck while I imagine what a normal life I could have, after finding out about Elias, it all makes sense.

He didn't try targeting me specifically, he tried targeting Damian, tho the chandelier was closer to me, Elias is six years older than Damian, and by what Damian has told me about him.

The guy needs serious help, when he touched me the other night, with the blade up my throat, how he stared at me with such...crazy eyes and that fucking smile, Such a sinister smile you can imagine in your nightmares-

Gasping I jerk above water, my heart pounds inside my chest as I imagine him staring right into my soul, probably holding my head down in the bathtub trying to kill me, my wet hair runs cold as my body is devoured in warm water.

Glancing around the room like a madwoman I make sure I'm alone, Elias has been on my mind since this morning, and as much as I hate to admit I feel as if he's watching me, Elias is like a goddamn Lion, he'll stalk his prey, has fun with them, plays with them, till he has them where he wants them, and the person he wants is you, Celeste

Damian's words repeated in my head, he could be here, in this house, blending in waiting to kidnap me or kill me in my sleep, no...don't think like that Cely.

Your living in a secured house, cameras everywhere, and guards including Damian and his mafia live under this roof, as much as I don't want to, I have to put my guard down with Damian.

He's my husband and he can't kill me, he needs a child for the next heir to his throne, he couldn't kill me without having a child, it hurts knowing my firstborn will have to suffer in this fucking world.

But I now have no choice, if I leave Damian, Elias will take me and I don't want to know what he'll do to me, my safest option is to trust Damian can protect me, he has lived his whole life-fighting Elias, if he can take care of himself he can protect me too.

Slipping out of the bathroom when suddenly a loud bang causes me to scream- "AHH!" My heart is trapped in my throat, gasping and panting like a goddamn dog for air I slowly glance to my left, a bullet striking the wall, and the smell of smoke causing me to jerk to my right.

Motherfucker.

"First lesson princesa, always be alerted" I frowned as Damian walked up to me blowing the smoke from his handgun, "Are you insane! you could have shot me!"

"But I didn't," He smirks rolling my eyes I groan, "What if I dropped my towel or something?! I could have flashed you" His eyes drop to my soaking wet body, my leg trembling from fear, and the white towel perfectly curving my body.

Thats when he suddenly grasped his gun again- "Don't you fucking dare" Chuckling he rolls his eyes and placed the gun down on the bedside counter.

I can't believe him! he could have killed me, god and I was just saying how I should start trusting him when he gives me every reason not to.

"You've been on edge the whole day, Can't deny and say I'm not offended you don't feel safe in your own house" Folding my arms across my chest I fist the towel around my breast.

It's true, I don't feel safe here no one has given me a reason to anyway, knowing dangerous people are living under the same roof as I am, and who knows I've seen way too many romance and horror movies to know someone is always, always stabbing the mafia don behind his back.

And I wouldn't be surprised if it was Adira, "Why should I let my guard down? How do I know you won't hurt me?" I didn't expect a response but what he did was more shocking than words.

He expressed himself with action.

I watched as he stood from his bed, fisting the gun as he walked over toward me, nervously I swallowed and stepped back- when I gasp my back slammed against the door.

"I don't trust you either Princesa, but I rather make sure you're alive than watch you get taken at the hands of my brother" My eyes worriedly dart toward the gun and his eyes.

Is he about to hurt me? Am I about to see the real ruthless Damian Morana? Did my mouth finally cause me death-

But no, what he did instead surprised me, gently fisting the hand I had over my chest, he pulls my arm out, the only thing keeping the towel is not my shaking free hand.

One slip and he'll see my bare body, He forces my hand to fist the gun, when he suddenly fists the edge where I could instantly kill him and forces it into his chest.
"I don't trust you, but I'm trusting you with my life" I glance up at him, practically staring up at the sky, he released the edge of the gun leaving my hand under control.

The safe lock was off, and one pull of the trigger and I could take his life, he wasn't scared, nor was he confident either. He put his life in my hands and I can easily take it at this very moment.

"How does it feel Princesa, having a mafia dons life under your finger? Having Damian Morana under your control" Breathing in, my thighs clench.

My finger curls over the trigger while maintaining eye contact, I show him how much power I have at the moment and how I will not be taken advantage of if he tries anything against me, "I love the feeling, having your life under my hands, I love it" my voice came out as a whisper than usual.

A smirk crossed his lips, but mine sat straight, I've never taken someone's life, Landon and Casimo have always done me the favor, but I've never realized how good power feels.

But unlike other people, I won't allow it to consume me.

Tossing the gun across the room, his eyes don't falter the movement, his eyes were stuck in my gaze and the room had suddenly become warm. "I should get changed" Walking past him I indoor his scent, Clone and mint, and I hate that I ask myself if he can smell me.

If he did smell me.