Chapter 23: Stay

Damian

She hisses in pain as Casimo removes the bandage around her fingers, standing beside him I watch as he carefully unwrapped it, revealing fresh blood over her fingers and a deep cut following from her pointer finger to her pinky.

We failed to bomb the cabin, Landon and Casimo explained they fought him off and left a few more scars, but he was far too strong, Elias has been in street fights, boxing and has practiced and learned on his own how to fight.

He's the only person I know I wouldn't be able to take on, but with Celeste and the Masked Psychopaths on my side, will take him down, Elias not only escaped this fight but earned two of Detroit's worst assassins.

I could tell by Casimo and Landon's frowns they were still furious, and had a hint of disappointment in their eyes, I knew they thought they failed since they couldn't kill him, but next time we'll be more prepared, and this time in our right minds. In my eyes we won, we got my wife back, their sister alive and well.

"We've never failed" Landon suddenly said through gritted teeth, "You didn't fail, you brought me home" Celeste smiled, and Landon sighed nodding-

When suddenly and surprisingly he hops onto the island next to Celeste, laying her head on his shoulder he melts into her embrace.

A slight smile tugged my lips but quickly dropped when she groaned, the bandage slowly lifting from her healing skin she winced in pain, "You ready?" Casimo asked tossing the bandage into the trash can, she desperately nodded when he suddenly grasped the random small teddy bear I had been questioning for the past five minutes and gestures it into her mouth, she opens and bites down tightly.

"You got this, Make sure not to kill Mr. Cuddles" Landon says having a straight face, she rolls her eyes and giggles when it drops to see Casimo holding a large bottle of alcohol, "Wait!" She mumbled under the teddy bear, she then turned to face me, and gestured for my hand, I nod as I grasped her.

"Okay I'm ready," she said but it sounded more like, "Omay Fugh Weady" Casimo nodded and her grip tightened on my hand, seconds later he was pouring the alcohol into her deep cut, Celeste mumbled screaming erupting through the kitchen and keeping her hand in my fist she pants heavily from her wrist probably being in pain, the alcohol mixed with her blood lands on the kitchen floor but we all shits just to her painful scream.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I love you don't kill me" Casimo spoke quickly obviously scared of what would happen when Celeste was fully healed, Landon snorts rubbing her back in circles, Casimo quickly went in with the needle and thread ready beside me, Another tight scream erupts from Celeste's throat as he slips the needle into her first finger before repeating.

"Three more fingers Princesa, you got this" I reassured she nodded her teeth gripping into poor Mr. Cuddle's stomach

Celeste

Cold water soaked my hair and skin wet, shivers and goosebumps all over my body as I stood in the dark, the lights are out and I have an amazing view of Detroit.

I was right the whole time, Elias was manipulating me, and I fell for it, he pretended to be this good person to get into my head, the way he stared at me, how his gaze softened.

What would have happened last night?...when he was on me, his lips inches away from me.

Why did he stop? What am I thinking about? I'm glad he stopped, what if it went to far and I slept with a complete psychopath, he was using me for his pleasure. He liked seeing me fall for his tricks.

And I hate myself for it, and I hate the fact...I started thinking everything Damian had told me about him wasn't true, when in reality they were, he held a gun to my head, he played with the trigger, he was choking me.

That was the same man I remember from the library, not the man I spent my three days locked with. Damian was right, he's like a lion, plays with his prey before he gets them where he wants them.

I never expected myself to fall for a mans tricks, and the last person I expected would be Elias, why did I take those goddamn pills?!What were in them! Was I that manipulated I trusted my kidnapper with pills?

I did feel better that morning tho...or it could have been the adrenaline, after my shower I changed into an oversized white t-shirt and a pair of shorts.

I walk into our bedroom realizing Damian is preparing the bed, meanwhile he wore black sweatpants and a black t-shirt defining his forearms and abs.

"I fixed the bed for you, since your hand and wrist is injured you should take the bed" he says facing me, his gaze softened for a weird reason as he sees me full of cold goosebumps, hair soaking wet and I can't deny I feel awkward beside him.

I should tell him what happened with Elias...

His worried stare defines from my silence, "Princesa what's wrong?" He asks, "Elias we...almost had sex, I think" I swallow glaring at the ground, "It happened pretty fast, he was grinding on me and I liked it...but he stopped before anything intimidating happened"I could feel his stare burning into my skin, is he disappointed?

I would be to, I let his brother touch me, and I consented it, I'm stupid! I'm so so stupid, god Damian will never forgive me now, I wouldn't either, I'm becoming the person I utterly hated, I would never touch another man while I'm with somewhat, I'm married! God what is wrong with me-

"Did you wanted it?" He asked still glaring at the ground I feel his steps move toward me, "He didn't touch me without me wanting it, so yes I did want it" he sighs-

His hand lifts my chin forcing me to face him, "I appreciate your honesty-"
"I'm sorry It won't happen again I'll be more careful next time you were right all along,l

I gasp when he suddenly pulled me into his chest, his hand wrap around my shoulder and second later I embrace him back, "There won't be no next time, it's you and me against him now, I failed to protect you"

I glanced up at him laying my chin on his chest, "And I promised you were safe and you took my word for it"

He sighs his gaze turning light, and his brown eyes softer at a shade, I smile and blink "Yeah you did fail," Releasing him I pat him on the shoulder, "Be careful next time" giggling I slip into my side of the bed, I watched as a slow smile tugged his lips before he shrugged and heads toward the door.

But before he can walk out, I grasp his hand, "Don't go, I really don't want to be alone"