Chapter 24: CD Dinning

Damian

I stayed, I stayed all night with her, and she surprised me by laying her head over my chest, the old Celeste would kill me if I touched her, but she's touching me.

And ending the morning, my arm was under her back while I ran my nails gently down her skin, blinking up at the ceiling, the warmth of her body close to mine, and the bright morning didn't motivate me to get up.

I felt comfortable, too fucking comfortable, but I like it, and that's what's wrong we can't be close, becoming close could ruin our plans for the war.

If one of us gets hurt, if she gets hurt...I'll surrender, I'll get on my knees right in front of Elias and let him kill me just to keep her safe, and that's the last thing we both want, if Elias takes her she'll be forced to marry him and he will be as harsh as I've tried to been.

I've been up for the last two hours.
Hearing her soft snores and little breathing, how do I get myself out of this situation? Fuck I don't really want to.

The silence devoured me whole, I watched Celeste take small bites of her cracker while staring into space, Callum, Asher, and Davin beside me, watching her as well.

Sighing I glance at Asher, who's doing some weird shit with his hands, when suddenly Callum sitting across from him does the same, with a frown on his face, arching a brow I glance back at Asher, "What are they doing?" I asked Davin, "Morse code" Davin rolled his eyes, has he seen this before? He seemed tired of their shit-

I jerk toward Callum who dramatically gasps and stands causing Celeste to flinch, slamming his hands on the table he points his finger toward Asher, "You take that back!"

The fuck?-

"What did he even say?" Cely asked finally glancing up at us, her eyes darting toward mine, but before we could make more eye contact we faced Asher, "Oh nothing specific" He cooed-

Celeste releases a dramatic gasp causing all of us to jerk in her direction, her eyes were wide open as she stared into her phone gripped onto her hand.

Instant goosebumps rose on her arms, "Princesa what's wrong?" I said sitting up from my chair, but before she could let me go to the conclusion she sighed, "It's my parents...they're hosting their annual dinner and invited us both"

Celeste

Every year my family hosts an annual dinner party, named after my grandmother, CD dining stands for Celeste Dolores, and yes I got my name from my grandmother. The dinner party is every year at 7 p.m. Every rich person is invited from Detriot, including some mobs. Damian had never shown up my guess since he couldn't give two fucks.

But I'm always forced to go since I'm the daughter of the goddamn Spanish face, and what my mother quotes, 'It's important you show up with Damian including it's his first year it'll make a statement.'

Statement my ass, it doesn't matter what year something always goes down at CD, a bar fight, two aunts arguing over whose kid is better at the mid-age of fifty, while their sons are too busy hooking up with random prostitutes, so not targetted.

But the worst part is, I'll have to see Elija, I haven't warned Damian about him, and I highly doubt the idiot will come up to me beside THE Damian Morana, and besides that Damian is forcing Callum, Davin, Dean, and Asher to tag along just if shit goes down.

He's paranoid Elias will show his face and have another plan up his sleeve, and as much as I want to argue with him about it, me myself is also paranoid, like Damian says, Elias doesn't think he just acts, the whole night I'll make sure to be next to the guys, I won't separate myself.