Chapter 25: Me and the Devil

Celeste

The perfect name for the perfect man, noticing my pools of tears I try blinking them away but one accidentally slips from my eyes, Davin's eyes round in anger and what I notice is worry, "Cely, your safe with us, we'll be by your side the whole night we promise" my eyes dart toward Callum, Asher, and Dean who all gave me reassuring nods when I felt Damian's arm meet my back.

His arm wrapped around my back holding me tight in his embrace, fisting his thigh I feel him tense from my touch, "Lucifer Thorn and his wife Isa Thorn" Isa...as in Isis? I've overheard Callum talking about Valerie and Isis before, how Elias turned them into killing machines...

Is she forced to be here? is Elias hurting her...

"Come sit diners about to start!" I try ignoring Elia's gaze but my eyes betray me and keep darting toward him who walks down the opposite row across from me, they had no shame in staring at me, and as if a couple of guests notice, their gazes dart between us both.

Fuck why is he doing this? Why can't he just leave me alone? Taking their seats only a few rows across from Damian and me, they kept staring, Isis stare was as if she was curious to know who I was, meanwhile, Elias was pure anger, he wasn't here for a simple dinner.

He was here for his revenge.

"That was his plan" Davin whispered into the earbud catching my attention, "No wonder he was absent for weeks, he planned to get close to Cely's family, probably to torture her" My heart pounds inside my chest, and I slowly glare back at Elias, who was still staring at me like prey.

A smirk tugged his lips, while my father spoke, his voice coming out as a murmur in the background, I glared at him back holding his stare as if we were in a staring competition, my blood boiled beneath my skin, and had to maintain the urge to not jump across the dining table and attack him myself was indescribable-

"Hija" My eyes dart away from Elias landing on my father, Clearing his throat. I realize he has been asking for me and everyone has been waiting for my response, "Si papa?" I slightly smile, "Your speech," he said through gritted teeth trying to hide his annoyance, "What?" I whispered back.

"Your annual speech hija" Oh fuck-

Right, my annual speech. I cleared my throat and stood from my seat, everyone's eyes and smiles were on me, darting my eyes at each guest, I noticed my cousins, Victor, Marylina, and Santos, my mother's side of the family, what are they doing here?

They were supposed to be back in Spain...is Ana here?

Ignoring them I grasp my red wine, "Thank you to each one of you for joining us in this dinner party today, it's a gift to be able to see each one of you each year, as some of you may know I recently got married"

Glancing at Damian he gives me a reassuring nod, "My husband Damian Morana, whose family has made me feel right at home, these past few weeks have been the best days of my life, spending time with my husband and-"

"Cousin Cely," Victor says catching everyone's attention, nodding I grip the wine glass harder, "So when is our little heir coming into this amazing world" Everyone releases a chuckle and my spine runs with shiver.

Awkwardly smiling, Damian suddenly stands grasping my free hand where I'm injured, "Actually" I jerk in Damian's direction...

Oh no, don't fucking go there Damian.

"What are you doing idiot?!" Asher growled into the earbud, "Dont stop him, let him talk" Dean whispered back, "We're expecting" Everyone instantly gasped and cheered us on without hesitation, I swallowed with a smile glancing at Damian who had a smirk on his lips.