Chapter 17: Enemy

Damian

Groaning I sit up from bed, glancing to my right to find Celeste's spot empty, I hadn't felt her come to bed all night, after last night's little...fight I expected her to stay in Adelia's room, I doubted she would have wanted to sleep in the same room as me tonight, or the same fucking bed.

We both knew it was a bad idea to share a room, but I decided to grant her wish. We've been in constant battle with each other, she is the first to infuriate me and...make me feel some way, I'm getting sick and tired of our arguing I hate the fact that our marriage could be full of fights, and threats.

I don't want that around our future child nor, for both of us. 

Waking up with an open mindset I decided we should resolve our issues if it meant ignoring each other that's fine, we're in a marriage contract, and all we need to focus on is getting rid of Elias from our lives and do anything we can to be able to get pregnant, the faster the better we stay away from one another, but no more goddamn fights, it'll get us nowhere close to Elias's tracks.

Pacing down the hallway, I stood in front of Adelia's room, knocking lightly, I waited till the door peeked open, and seconds later Adelia peered her head out of the door. "Yes?" She asked with a yawn, "Celeste, I need to speak to her" I sighed keeping my poker face, she arched a brow and stared me head to toe before answering, "She's not in here"

I frown, "What? Where is she?"
"I thought she was with you?" She said, slamming her door wide open, "She threw a glass vase at my head. Why would she be in my room?" She shrugs thinning her lips, rolling my eyes I pace down the hallway toward the stairs.

If she wasn't with Adelia, where the fuck could she be? did she sleep in the living room? I checked last night, and she was nowhere near.

Stomping into the kitchen, Callum, Dean, and Asher both froze, "Where the fuck is she!" I roared my eyes landing on each of them, "Who?"
"Marry fucking Poppins Callum, who else!?" Asher shouts through gritted teeth slapping him in the chest.

"Dean-" "I'll get the mob ready" He cuts me off mid-sentence, knowing exactly what I was about to say, "Asher-" seconds later Davin storms into the kitchen l jerk toward him, and without hesitating I grip him by the collar slamming his back against the wall, "Man!" Callum shouts, Davin pulls his hand up stopping Callum from storming up to us, giving me a snarl he turns to me.

"Where is she?" I growled glaring into his soul, my chest heaved up and down and my adrenaline had never been higher, "What do you think happened? Elias took her" My grip loosened and my mind went blank.

Multiple thoughts rushing through my head I release Davin by the collar, but minutes later I throw a punch, Davin groans his face landing on the wall, and before I can throw another one, Davin grasps me by the collar slamming my back against the kitchen island.

"You were supposed to protect her!" I yelled, "No you dumb shit! YOU were supposed to protect her! your her husband and this is entirely your fault, really two words one finger! Who the fuck says that to their wife!"

My glare softened, and my chest ached, it is entirely my fault, yes it is, I've treated her like shit without even knowing her, and the reason for our fight and argument is my fault, I'm stupid, I've been pushing her away, I haven't registered what she's feeling, knowing a dangerous man is coming after her and she's living in a house with people she barely knows.

"It's war Damian, get your game in the head and remember who the enemy is, that fucker kidnapped your wife, YOUR WIFE, and who knows if she's already dead," I shove him off me, realizing Callum and Asher had already left to probably do their roles I'm the only one putting all the blame on them.

Your a dumbass Damian.
Your weak
You could never protect her
As much as you hate to admit it, your brother is a bigger man than you are

Sighing I take a deep breath, I've been stuck in my head and treated her badly, now it's time to be the man everyone quotes you as, I'm done with Elias shit, it's time the fucker meets the grave.

"Remind the Masked Psychopaths their sister has been kidnapped," Davin gives me a nod, I take a deep breath overhearing stomping from every corner of the house as I paced toward my armory room, where I keep all my hidden shit and weapons for myself.

Landon and Casimo raised Celeste as their own, and if they're the psychopath's people say they are, it'll be two psychopaths including myself against Three, Elias, Valerie, and Isis, I'm trusting the Dragun brothers to show me who the fuck they are.

I promise myself my brother won't see another day of light for touching what was mine, for taking what is mine, if it means having to kill my blood, then so be it, but I will save Celeste, and I will remind her she'll never be taken again, I promised her nothing would happen, and I broke that promise, I've never broken a promise, I'll punish myself right after we save her. I deserve it.

Now I have to focus on finding my wife and remember the real enemy is.