Chapter 13: Death

Damian

Glaring at the ceiling while beside me on the bed was empty, Celeste let me know she'll be staying in Adelia's room for tonight, and I completely understood, I feel like a fucking dick.

I don't know what has come over me as if I'm being...overprotective of her, the feeling grows stronger every time I see her, and I realize how much I need to keep her safe.

I had no idea the Dragun twins were the masked psychopaths until I did my research on them, She may trust them but I don't, I can't force her or them to stay away since I know what those brothers are capable of.

I won't be surprised if they break into the mansion to ensure she's okay.

Groaning I sit up from bed and run my hands through my hair, slipping on a black pair of unprescribed glasses I head downstairs toward the kitchen for a glass of cold water.

Turning toward the doorway I-

"Fuck!" I overhear someone hiss, Frowning I peek my head inside the kitchen archway, to catch the one and only Celeste Dolores, my eyes adjust to the dark and I watch as she hisses and groans doing little jumps as she held onto her wrist.

Arching a brow I slowly stalked toward her, she didn't notice me until I leaned against the counter watching her little hops and unposed down frown, "Jesus!" she jumped and a smile grew on my lips as I watched her reflexes kick in.

Both her hands turn into fists and before I can realize what's happening she throws her punch straight into my nose. "Fuck!" I groan falling into the wall behind me, my nose burnt and I hissed as I overhear her loud gasp, "Damian?!"
"Thats me, fuck I deserve that"

"Oh, never mind I was about to apologize" Rolling my eyes I hissed and held my nose, when my eyes landed on her right wrist, "What happened?!" ignoring the fact my nose might be broken and hurts like a bitch I grasp her wrist gently, she hisses and pushes me away in the chest with her free hand.

"Leave me alone, I don't need your help" Sighing I ignore her, and pick her up by her armpits placing her down on the kitchen island she gasps but doesn't move, "Hey I said-" Flipping the kitchen light I grasp her wrist again, she tenses beneath my touch, and I frown as I realize, she hurt herself in some way.

"I um...your nose is bleeding-"
"It'll heal" I sighed, "It'Ll HeAl my ass you don't have to act all tough with me I've already seen your pussy side" I jerk and dart my eyes toward her, to see a sarcastic smile on her lips and amusement in her eyes.

She isn't wrong I lost control of my emotions yesterday morning.

Messaging her hand, she winces in pain, glancing up at her I see her holding in the pain as best as she can, "It's Carpal tunnel Syndrome" My eyes avert back to her gaze, seeing her uncomfortable adjust herself she continues.

"It usually happens when I hold something too tightly or for too long or I randomly get it in my sleep" She said, my eyes dart back and forth between her eyes and her slowly brushing wrist, "It was my fault wasn't it? I saw your fists clench this morning after our argument"

She clears her throat "I don't know, maybe" Nodding and head for the closest locked drawer, "What are you doing?" Placing my thumb on the small keypad on the drawer it scans my finger before it unlocks.

Opening it, was my emergency for any situation drawer, stupid maybe, but I'm paranoid, and it's best to be prepared for anything, inside was a gun with multiple bullets sitting beside it, a antidote, a first aid kit in a box caught my attention, pulling it out I glance toward Celeste.

"I said I don't need your help I can do this myself" I roll my eyes and ignore her, but surprisingly she doesn't fight and releases a defeated sigh while I pull out a a wrist tape and fold it over her hand.

The silence was thick and I could feel her stare burning through my chest, the only thing I could hear was my throbbing pulse and the throb of my nose which was most likely broken, "I got you good didn't I" Arching a brow I smile, "You did, good job"

Another thick silence passed by, I ripped the wrist wrap with my teeth and grasped for the tape, My eyes met hers as she sat on the counter, and I realized she was enjoying this from her feet swinging, but once she caught me staring she stopped.

"I'm sorry for how I acted yesterday morning," I said stammering with my words, I've never had to apologize for my actions since I was a kid, but now that I have a wife, shit has to change. And maybe it's best to have her beside me, she puts me in my place, and...tho I hate it someone should have the confidence to speak up to me.

"I lost control and I didn't mean to lash out at you," I glance up at her to see her already staring, pouting she grabs my wrist causing me to stop wrapping her wrist with the tape, "Is that all?" She said narrowing her eyes, I nod "Apology not fucking forgiven" She surprisingly snapped, I nod and thin my lips and trying to maintain my smile, why is she's so-

Stop.

"I don't accept words, I accept actions, if you are truly sorry and want me to forgive you, prove it" She smirks patting me on the cheek before I continue wrapping the tape around her wrist, What did I expect? I've never met a woman like Celeste before, Did I expect her to forgive me right there and then with open arms? Maybe, that's because I'm a fucking idiot tho.

"If you expected it to be that easy your delusional, I'm sad you don't know me so well as you said you did Mr. Morana" Ripping the tape I pat her on the wrist causing her to hiss, and before I could know it, her other fist is slowly meeting my other cheek, but I grip it stopping her before it connect to my face.

"I'll make it easy for you, what about that?" She beams, and I knew whatever she had planned would cause me shit, "What do you have in mind?" Another wider smirk.

Fuck Me.

I sat in the main seat in the meeting room while all my men and women, Callum, Dean, Asher, Davin, Adira, Finn, and Adelia sat in the seats down the left and right rows.

"What we know by now is Elias is planning something big, It has been almost a month since he has last been heard from, and Davin dug into his whereabouts for the last month-" A sudden snort from the room causes me to jerk toward that person.

"Something funny?" I asked a frown forming on my face, Callum and Asher quickly nod their heads while having smiles on their lips, "Spill what's so fucking funny?!" I yelled causing everyone to jump in their seats.

"Sorry man we can't take you seriously with that Barbie bandage on your nose" seconds later they both erupts into laugher, beside me sat Dean who snorts, I dart toward him and his smile quickly drops, "Sorry Don"

God Celeste you're going to be the death of me.