Chapter 11 - Phone Call

A knock on my front door makes me stand up from my lazy position on the couch, placing my bowl if grapes down on a side table. I walk to the door, opening it to see a brunette girl standing on the front porch.

"Hi Emily..." I say, confusedly.

Why would she be here?

"Hey Maddie! You wanna hang out today?" She asks in a chirpy voice.

"Um..."

"Look, I'm sorry for what I said at the club the other night. I was just being stupid, okay?" She says. "Forgive me?"

She smiles broadly, looking genuine.

"Okay." I smile, leading her in and closing the front door behind her. "What do you want to do?" I ask awkwardly.

She shrugs, smiling.

I shrug in turn before leading her upstairs to my room, flopping down on my bed.

"Nice room!" She compliments, sitting next to me.

My phone starts buzzing wildly, so I pull it out if my pocket.

I see Ryder's name on my screen and quickly hit the lock button.

"Who's Ryder?" Emily says suggestively.

"Oh he's my ex boyfriend from back in Tennessee. I don't really talk to him anymore." I shrug, not thinking much about it.

"Oh," she smiles, laying back on my bed.

I get up, walking to my bathroom.

"I'll be right back," I announce.

*Emily's POV*

As soon as Madison is in the bathroom, I snatch her phone and unlock it, appreciating the fact that Maddie is so stupid that she doesn't have a pass code on her phone.

I open her contacts app, looking Ryder up. It reads "Ryder

I roll my eyes, quickly typing the number in on my phone and saving it.

Boy, did I have a fantastic plan.

After spending about three hours at Madison's house, I went home.

I flip down on my couch, smiling as I call the number I had previously wrote down.

"Hello? Who's this?" I hear a male's voice say on the other side of the phone.

"Is this Ryder?" I say with a smile.

"It is, who's this?" He repeats.

"This is Maddie's best friend Emily! I want to surprise her sometime soon, so do you you think you could fly down here anytime soon? She would freak!" I ask him, knowing she would freak, but not in the way he thinks. "She really misses you."

"Really? I haven't talked to her in like two weeks!" He tells me, sounding disappointed.

"Yeah she missed you so much! She talks about you all the time!" I lie. I needed him to come here.

"Uh, I'm pretty sure I could fly there in two weeks, how's that?" He offers.

"Perfect," I state, smiling to myself. "We'll work the details out soon, kay?"

"Alright! Thanks!" Ryder says before hanging up.

I'm such a genius.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay!:) update:)

Comment what you guys think?

Tell your friends? I want to get higher up on the o2l list.

Currently, if you search "O2L", I'm the fifth on the list. I used to e fourth, but I don't know what happened. Oh well.

Get the views and votes up please??

Thank you guys for everything!

10 votes for the next chapter!!

xox -Delilah