Chapter 29 - Messed Up

"Hey, Kian," I say nervously, taking what I hope is an unobvious step away from Ryder.  

Without saying anything, Kian walks to me and grabs some of the grocery bags I'm holding, placing them on the counter. I do the same, replacing the remaining bags on the counter.  

So that I don't seem nervous, I start to unpack the bags, putting things where they belong. Kian also helps me.  

Meanwhile, Ryder just stands there, looking between me and Kian with confusion. I avoid contact with both of them.  

Once everything is put away, Kian roughly grabs my arm and starts to lead me out of the kitchen.  

"Hey! Don't grab her like that!" Ryder says defensively.  

"Ryder!" I hissed at him, not wanting him to make Kian madder than I'm betting he is.  

Kian drags me to the downstairs bathroom, closing and locking the door once were inside.  

"Who is he?" Kian says, his eyes full of anger and hurt.  

"Well hello to you, too," I say sarcastically. I regret it once I say it because I know it's only upsetting Kian even more.  

"Madison," Kian warns, making me look him in the eyes.  

"Ryder, he's my...bestfriend," I hesitate on what to call him.  

"Best friend?" Kian asks, not believing it.  

"Yes, my best friend! Just like Andy!" I defend myself, not enjoying Kian's accusing tone. Instantly I know that I shouldn't have compared him to Andy, for obvious reasons.  

"Oh, lovely. So he's going to be in love with you and kiss you too?" Kian accuses, pissing me off...even though he's correct.  

I avert my eyes from his harsh gaze, trying not to look guilty.  

"Madison," he says lowly. "Answer me." 

"Fine. He's my ex-boyfriend, and yes he's in love with me," I reply angrily. "Is that what you wanted to hear?" 

He rolls his eyes, backing away from me and slightly turning. Kian runs a hand through his perfect black hair, his jaw clenching.  

"Ex-boyfriend?" He asks quietly, not looking at me.  

"Yes. Ex as in not anymore. And never again." I grab his arm trying to get his attention.  

"Then why is he here?" He nearly yells, turning towards me quickly.  

"Kian, I don't know, really. He just showed up today," I say truthfully.  

He looks in my eyes, trying to tell if I'm lying. His entire face softens when he realizes I'm not.  

"Okay," he says, smiling finally. "Does he know we're together?"  

"No." I don't hesitate answering.  

"He needs to," he states firmly before grabbing my hand and leading me out of the bathroom.  

I cower behind Kian slightly, knowing I'm about to hurt Ryder. But we agreed to see other people, so he can't really get mad right?  

He pulls me into the kitchen and pushes me in front of him, his hands gripping my waist possessively. It kind of pisses me off that he thinks he has to claim me as his and make it obvious.  

Ryder looks to us, seated at the breakfast bar. His eyebrows raise, his eyes alighting with a fire. Jealousy?  

I smile sheepishly, pushing Kian's hands off of me and walk towards Ryder. I pull out the stool next to him, sitting in it. He turns to me, an angry look on his face. His eyes aren't looking at mine, fixed on an object beside me.  

"Ryder?" I say quietly. He still doesn't look me in the eyes, but raises his eyebrows. "Remember how when we broke up, three months before I moved, we agreed to see other people?"  

His jaw clenches at my words, and one of his hands balls up into a fist.  

"Well, me and Kian, have been dating for over a month now," I admit, not feeling as guilty as I though it would.  

"I guessed that," he says flatly, looking at me with harsh eyes.  

He can't really be mad at me, can he? We agreed on it.  

"Then what's the big deal?" I ask calmly. Kian walks backwards to the living room, giving us space although I wish he would stay in my sight.  

"I just, didn't think you'd be with someone so fast..." He pauses, standing up. "Did you even think about me after you left? You didn't even care!" 

I stare at him, shocked as he yells in my face. I close my eyes, not wanting to see the hate in his eyes. I zone his words out.  

Honestly, I still love Ryder, a lot. I miss him so much and almost wish I was still with him.  

But then there's the side of me what loves Kian, wants to get to know him better and learn to love him even more than I already do.  

"Why did dad invite you here?" I ask abruptly, wondering aloud. Ryder stops talking immediately.  

"What?" He cocks his head at me.  

"Why did my dad invite you here? He knows I'm with Kian!" I say louder, so that Kian, who is in the other room, can hear me.  

"Your dad didn't invite me here, Maddie. Your best friend, Emily, did." He looks at me with a "duh" face.  

"That bitch," I say under my breath, turning to Ryder.  

I quickly let go the thoughts of what I'll do to Emily, not wanting to think about that at the moment. I'd rater think of what I'm going to do in this situation.  

Be with a boy I've known for a little over a month, or be with a boy I've known for over three years?  

"Maddie, I still love you. And I know you still love me too," he states, warmth now replacing the anger in his voice.  

Without even thinking, I pull Ryder to me, standing up taller and planting my lips on his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Short chapter, cliche chapter, typical chapter, bad chapter, yadda yadda yadda.  

I know.  

This is just a quick chapter and honestly, the ending is the only truly important part- 

And no, Kian is not going to walk in on them kissing.  

Basically shit is gonna happen next chapter and I semi-cried writing it.  

Oh and I would appreciate it extremely if people don't leave rude comments... It upsets me and really pisses me off, making me not want to update. So please, if you don't like it, don't read it.  

Since this chapter sucks, I'm gonna be updating again in 1-2 days.  

Sorry for the boring chapter...y'all deserve better than this.

On a more positive note, thank you guys for all the fantastic votes and nice comments! I love you guys to death!

xox -Delilah