Chapter 23 - Confession

I stare at my best friend, shocked at what he just confessed to me. Andy...in love with me, his best friend? My mind can't even process that.

He stares at the ground, his face now very red. His arms are crossed over his chest as if to conceal himself from me and his foot it tapping on the ground slowly.

This can't even be serious. My best friend, who I was very convinced was gay, is in love with me?

"Maddie, I'm sorry," Andy blurts.

I raise my eyebrows at him. "You don't have to be sorry." I give my best friend a reassuring smile. "But now is kind of the worst possible time for you to tell me this."

He closes his eyes for a second before looking back up at me.

"I just thought I should tell you." He shrugs, giving me a weak smile.

I think about it for a while, and I just can hold back my curiosity.

"Don't take any offense to this, but I thought you were...well... Um...gay?" It wast really a question, but the way I said it made it sound like one.

He rolls his eyes and chuckles, looking away momentarily.

"Honestly? I thought I was too..." What he says makes me nearly double over with laughter. My eyes squeeze tight as my laugh erupts from my mouth. When I calm down a bit, I look at Andy to see a dead serious face.

I stand up straight, ceasing my laughter immediately.

"You weren't joking..." I state and he nods.

"I seriously thought I was gay because I never liked any girl. When you left, I realized I didn't like other girls because I liked you, loved you."

My jaw goes slack at his words, and my ability to talk nearly disappears completely.

"When I came here and saw how you looked at Kian, an intense feeling came over me, which was jealousy. That's how I knew, how I know, I'm in love with you," he continues his speech.

I think about his words carefully, biting my lip.

"Andy, I-" I try to say something to him, but he interrupts.

"You don't have to say anything," he whispers, and before I know it, he's hugging me.

I hug him back instantly, wrapping my arms around his back tightly.

When I pull away, something hits me.

"Okay, so you're in love with me, yet you'll go make out with my arch nemesis?" I accuse.

He furrows his brow, not understanding.

"She's your enemy?" He asks, knowing exactly what I'm talking about.

I give him a duh face even though he couldn't possibly have known who she was. I cross my arms and look at him with attitude.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you knew her." He shrugs as if it no big deal, missing the point completely.

"Andy, here you are telling me you love me as more than a friend, making me feel like a bad friend. You say you can't even look at a girl as anything more than a friend yet you go make out with someone completely random?" I hiss as I cock my hip sassily.

"I, uh," he looks away, rubbing the back of his neck as if he doesn't know how to reply. "Why does it matter?" He finally says with a tone that tells me it's none of my business.

"Do you realize how much of a hypocrite you sound like?" I snarl, giving him a scowl.

He flinches at my harsh tone, but thy doesn't stop me from talking.

"You can't do this to me Andy. We've been best friends for so long and you tell me you love me now? After knowing that I'm in love with Kian? You should have thought of telling me before I moved!"

"How do you think I could have told you? You were with Ryder! And if I would have told you before you left, it would have only been harder!" He yells back at me, now just as angry as I am.

"Oh so you tell me when I'm with Kian!" I throw my hands up, rolling my eyes at him. "I can't-"

Suddenly, in the middle of my sentence, Andy does something I certainly would not have expected.

Shutting me up, he leans in and presses his lips to mine, kissing me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just in case of confusion, I incorrectly titled the last chapter I posted. This one is Confessions, the last one was Distraction. I got a little bit ahead of myself! Whoopsie!

Other than that, thank you guys so so so much for all the voting and commenting y'all do! It really brightens my day.

And because of that, I updated twice in two days! You can probably expect another chapter tomorrow!

Yay!:)

So yeah! Vote and comment my dears!

Love you guys!

Just letting you guys know: there is a sequel to this! It's named Over Again! Just go to my page to find it if you've already read this!

xox -Delilah