Chapter 14 -Strain

Thank every single oneof you for supporting me throughout this story. I never imagined to have this much support!

As of today, this story is number one on the O2L list! thank you guys so much!

Now heres a chapter for you guys as thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Emily's POV*

I watch as frustration lights in Kian's eyes and he says something to Madison. It's obvious to me they're arguing about something, and honestly I could care less about what.

Madison cocks her hip and crosses her arms before waving her hand at something. Then she raises a hand to his face. I notice shock cross Kian's face and then Maddie grabs his arm, but he yanks it away. She steps away from him before he pushes past her and walks out.

He brushes past me and I smirk before turning to Caleb, a boy that asked me out last week. He's quite attractive, but he's not what I want. I want Kian.

Caleb smiles at me and I excuse myself to the bathroom.

As soon as I get to the girls' room, I pull my phone out of my pocket.

Quickly, I call Ryder.

"Hello?" He says once he's picked up.

"Hi Ryder! So do you think you could come down here any earlier? I really want you to be here sooner for Maddie," I ask impatiently, trying to make my voice sound syrupy sweet.

"Actually, I was about to call you and tell you that I couldn't come for another three more weeks. Something came up, I'm sorry." He coughs into the phone, causing a fuzzy sound.

Well, shit. This is just great.

"Oh, well darn! That's terrible! But you're still coming right?" I ask nervously, trying to hide the anger in my body.

"Absolutely!" He replies. "I gotta go bye!"

He hangs up right as the door to the bathroom opens.

I hear someone groan, "Ugh!" Before Madison appears from behind the door.

When she sees me, she stops.

"Hey," she says quietly.

"What's wrong?" I ask, putting a fake smile on my face.

She shakes her head, turning around and walking out.

*Madison's POV*

I call Kian repeatedly, getting ignored repeatedly. Finally I give up, deciding to get on my skateboard.

I choose to just ride around the town, getting my mind off things.

When I saw Emily in the bathroom, I could have easily taken her friendship. But I remembered that she was the cause on Kian and I's argument, so I left quickly, heading home.

I ride around on the sidewalks, trying not to think about anything but what I'm currently doing. But this task is much harder than it seems.

I keep replaying the fight between me and Kian in my mind, think about how it would have gone if I wouldn't have made the comment about him not being my father.

I probably would still be with Kian.

I turn my skateboard at a curb, but right around the curb is a twelve year old boy on a bike.

I slam my right foot down, pain radiating from my ankle, but I ignore it as I'm flung forward from my skateboard. I land in the grass, the little kid not even giving me a second glance.

Tears form in my eyes due to the pain in my ankle, and when I look down, my foot is turned a different direction than my leg. The sight scares me, causing me to whimper and cry harder.

I pull my phone from my back pocket, calling Kian. Once I realize he's not going to answer, I call Sam.

"Hello?" He answers.

"Can you come get me?" I suck in a breath as I bring my leg closer to me. "I can't move my foot."

*****

"Well, the good news is that your ankle is only strained, not broken. But that's also the bad news. You'll have to walk on crutches for a while." The doctor before me never takes his eyes off his clipboard, telling me about my new injury.

He nods at me before he leaves the small ER room. After that, my dad walks in with a pair of crutches.

He smiles at me, aware that I'm still angry with him, handing me the crutches. I take them from him, standing up on my left foot and keeping my right leg bent, leaning part of my weight on my crutches as my dad leads me out of the room.

He heads to the reception desk while I head over to where I see Sam.

When I get to him, Kian comes up and stands next to him.

Out eyes lock before we both speak.

"I'm sorry," we both say in unison.

"No, I'm sorry," I say. "I shouldn't have been so rude.

"No, I shouldn't tell you who you can and can't be friends with," he replies.

"No, I-" I'm cut off.

"Would you two just shut up?" Sam comments, rolling his eyes at us. "Just kiss and make up."

I shrug at him, rolling my eyes.

Kian walks to me, hugging me gently as if I'm fragile before pulling back and kissing me lightly.

"See? Was that so hard?" Sam says with mock annoyance.

I roll my eyes and pucker my lips, trying to get Kian to kiss me seeing as I can't really stand up any taller.

He laughs at me, bending down to my height and kisses me.