˚ ༘♡ ·˚Chapter 24 ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

Tae and Jungkook are getting ready for a birthday party . You may wonder who's? It's Jiho's . Yes, she invited them for her birthday party.

Tae and Jungkook were happily sharing kisses while the doorbell disturbed them. An irritating growl left Jungkook's mouth, but before him, Tae took the invitation. She sent them the invitation and even called Jungkook to inform him about the birthday party.

Now, they both were settled in the car and drove to the location. They both are showering compliments to each other.
After 20 mins of traveling, they reached the party hall.

Loud music and people voices are heard as soon as they enter the hall. The birthday girl is not present there yet. But Jungkook could see his college friends with their family, enjoying the party.

Tae and Jungkook soon joined them. Tae found most of them sweet. He even got attached to one of the little girls , who keeps on calling him a bear. They all were sharing talks with other when the music turned into some softer one indication of Jiho's arrival.

She entered the hall with so much elegance. She looked so pretty that evening.  Of course she's the star of this party.
Soon, the crowd came forward her when she reached the stage.

"Thank you, everyone, for attending this party" ,She exclaimed in the mic.

"I would like to call my college friends on the stage to cut the cake with me." She looked at her friends .

They all soon gather beside her except Jungkook. Even tho Everyone started calling him ,he declined to go. But Tae pushed him to go forward on the stage.
Jungkook smiled at Tae and moved on to the stage. What they both didn't notice is a pair of eyes looking at them with so much hatred.

Jiho has done her cake cutting, and the first person she shared the cake is Jungkook. Jungkook is too naive to notice this thing. As soon as this happens , Jungkook's friends' eyes meet with Tae, but Tae just gestured to them that it's ok.

The party was going smoothly until Jiho reached a spot where Tae,  Jungkook, and their friends were enjoying. She circled her arms with Jungkook and leaned her head on his shoulder. Everyone stared at her awkwardly, and soon, her puppets came to stand beside her.
"Aww, I really wanted my ship to sail," one of Jiho's friends told.

Jungkook gently removed her hands from him and maintained distance.

"Don't be shy, Jungkook.  We all know you had a thing for Jiho, " Jiho's friend said and giggled with her other friends.

"Ok, that's enough of rumors. I never really had an interest in Jiho. She's my close friend other than that, I never had feelings for her. " Jungkook said, directly looking at Tae. And Tae knows why his husband is looking at him.

Others may think any shit about him, but Jungkook doesn't want Tae to be upset over some shitty rumor. He wants to clarify that, but he kept his mouth shut just because he didn't want to spoil Jiho's party and mood. Looking at Jiho's friends , he couldn't shut his mouth any longer. So he defended himself.

"Really Jungkook? Don't lie . Just because your husband is here, you don't have to lie." Jiho's friend smirked at him , which made Jungkook super angry.

Before Jungkook could say anything, Tae  spoke, "Why can't you guys leave him alone?"

"Why? Are you so jealous that our Jiho was once Jungkook's girl?" One of the girls snickered at him.

"I don't give a fuck about his past. Now he's with me. That's all that matters to me. Don't you think it's bad to create rumor about your own friend.?" Tae snapped back .

"Boy, you're spoling my party. Keep your voice down. Don't talk like that to my friends, you piece of shit." Jiho gestured him to shut up.

"What the fuck Jiho? First, your friends insulted me, and now you're insulting my husband. Just because I'm quiet doesn't mean I'm at your side. I'll definitely cut the tongues whoever insults my husband, and that includes you, too. "

"Stay away from me and my life . Don't you dare show your ugly face ever again to me " Jungkook shouted and dragged Tae with him.

Once he's out of the party, he turned towards Tae and hugged him tightly, nuzzling in his neck.

Tae closed his eyes and hugged back him. They stayed like that for some time. "Are you okay, Jungkookie?"

"Mm. I'm sorry darling, " Jungkook whispered in his neck.

Tae made Jungkook look at him. His eyes are a little red due to his anger. "Why are you sorry for baby?" Tae softly asked him.

"All these happened because of me. We shouldn't have come here. Fuck this. I'm so sorry Tae " Jungkook sounded so guilty.

"Love , look at me. Come on just look at me" Tae gently held Jungkook's cheek and made eye contact.

"I'm not hurt, Jungkookie. I'm happy that you stood for me. That too against your friends. Just like what I said inside,  I don't care about your past Jungkook. All I care about is the present and the future . I want to be in your life. Now I'm with you, that's all matters to me. I lo-- " Tae bit his tongue to prevent the word coming out of his mouth.

"Okay, if you're not hurt, then I'm happy." Jungkook smiled , leaned a little bit down to kiss Tae.

'I have to confess soon. It's getting hard to resist my husband'

_____🌙_____
Spoiler : Confession in next chapter!!
Thank you for reading.
Love you all ~