chapter two

𝐀s they did every year, the fifth, sixth and seventh years gathered in the basement of Hogwarts for a party where the alcohol stolen from Slughorn's office flowed freely

𝐀s they did every year, the fifth, sixth and seventh years gathered in the basement of Hogwarts for a party where the alcohol stolen from Slughorn's office flowed freely. This year was no exception. Elina was reading a magazine on the bed and Joshua was just waiting. Eden slipped into a short dress that hugged her curves, and with her fiery hair, she looked like she'd come straight from the underworld to bewitch any human. 

"Bloody hell, you're..." Elina began. 

"Hot as hell," Joshua finished. Eden rolled her eyes, but she looked like a temptress. Her grey eyes sparkled, contrasting with the red of her hair against her pale skin.

She slipped on a pair of heels and then grabbed a jacket, because the cellars were freezing. The party was always on the same day, so everyone knew when and where to meet for a secret outing. It was the second Wednesday after the start of the school year.

Eden walked forward, her heels clicking on the floor and she ended up taking them off so as not to make any noise, she didn't want to alert the concierge or his stupid cat. Much to her regret, she stopped and Joshua bumped into her. Elina caught up with them and pulled them into a corner before the old cat, Mrs Norris, could see them. The animal stopped, sniffed the air and approached. His nose led him straight to them.

"Bloody cat!" shouted the boy with the glasses.

"Run!" shouted Elina. Eden obeyed, dragging Joshua with her. The trio crossed three corridors before coming to a halt. Out of breath, Eden felt a cramp in her ribs and gasped, trying as best she could to recover from the run. The girl grunted and wiped her forehead.

"Great, I'm sweating," Eden grumbled as she put her heels back on.

"You don't say that when you're sweating with a boy," Joshua scoffed. Eden glared at him before laughing.

"It's not the same kind of sweat, stupid," she replied. The girl hated that feeling and rolled her eyes before heading for the cellars. Thanks to the spells, only those under twenty could hear the music and see that there was a party going on. She passed through the invisible gate and was greeted by the roar of music. The students were already having a good time.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry," shouted a tall man as he walked past with five drinks. Eden saw him join a group and turned to see Elina and Joshua, but they had already joined their respective groups. The redhead pursed her lips and walked over to the bar, which consisted of two barrels and a board joined together, and grabbed a glass which she filled with a purple liquid. It was the only non-alcoholic drink she knew, and for the moment she preferred to start with that.

Her eyes swept the cellar and she met Mattheo's gaze. Of course he was there. He was always where the fun was. Eden looked away, but it was too late. Mattheo crossed the metres that separated them and poured himself a drink, resting his buttocks against the swaying board. She wanted to drink, but no sooner had the glass touched her lips than Mattheo took it.