chapter twenty one

𝐖hen Voldemort took her hand, Eden felt as if death had taken her and dragged her into the void

𝐖hen Voldemort took her hand, Eden felt as if death had taken her and dragged her into the void. She forced herself not to show it, but she felt uncomfortable, especially when she felt his other hand on her back. Tom Riddle was handsome. Really handsome and looked young, which got him a lot of looks from women, but Eden wasn't stupid. He could be as handsome as a god, but his heart was as rotten as a monster's.

Nothing was official, there were only rumours about what he was planning or what he had done, but he wasn't hiding, that was the scariest thing. He was showing off, incapable of feeling fear. What was certain was that he practised black magic and had disciples who wore a mark on their wrists. Theodore managed to leave Mattheo's sister with Draco and approached Mattheo, his eyes fixed on Eden.

"I know," Mattheo blurted out before Theodore could speak. "Don't worry, he won't do anything, not tonight. Eden is safe." He walked over to the buffet and took a drink of a strong spirit before taking a new drink.

"I should have insisted on not coming," Theodore said. "I don't know why she ended up wanting to." He poured himself a drink and Mattheo remained silent, preferring not to acknowledge Eden's desire to see him. "I told her I loved her."

Mattheo spat out his drink and coughed, drawing attention to himself, and he mumbled before wiping his shirt. He cleared his throat and looked jaded.

"I didn't think you were the type to be romantic and tell a girl you loved her. What did she say?" asked Mattheo, clenching his jaw. He turned his head towards Eden, but she seemed to be in the middle of a conversation and he felt nauseous.

"She didn't answer me. We had a great time on holiday, we kissed, I had a feeling she was going to give me a positive answer but she didn't say anything." Theodore ate some nuts and Mattheo looked at him.

"What about the bet? Maybe it's not such a good idea to continue if you have feelings for Eden," Mattheo said. After all, Theodore was his best friend and he didn't want him to suffer, even if it meant that, he, himself would suffer.

"The bet is still on. We're having fun and when it's over, we'll see. Besides, it's not like you feel anything for Eden! It's just sexual to you." Theodore looked at Eden and Mattheo clenched his bandaged fist, feeling the pain increase.

"Yeah, it's all sexual," he blurted out. Mattheo poured himself another drink. He hated all those guys who looked at Eden, he knew their minds were voracious, perverse, and the anger rose and made him want to kill them all. His father was no different. The way he held Eden, his hand too low on her back, his eyes lost in her cleavage.

Eden hated dancing with Mattheo's father. She wasn't stupid and could feel his hand moving lower or his eyes not staying on her face. She was uncomfortable but kept her eyes in his, answering his questions. He was handsome, Mattheo had his beauty, but even so, she didn't like what she saw in Voldemort.

"My son isn't very talkative about his friends, but I'm surprised he hasn't told me about you. You don't go unnoticed," he said. Eden tensed slightly, wanting to run away, but she gathered her courage and looked at him.