chapter seven

𝐄den remained silent, Mattheo's words ringing in her ears

"Why do you say you have no soul?" she asked. She felt Mattheo's body tense and wondered why he was reacting like this, as if it wasn't really a joke. 

"You know, why should the son of Voldemort have a soul?" he said.  The redhead jumped and caught sight of the lights of the inn.

"Remember you told me I could talk to you if I wanted to? About my parents," she said. "It's the same for you, if you want to talk about..." Eden was cut off as he set her down on the floor a little abruptly and turned to face her. 

"I don't need to talk," he said.  Eden looked at him, surprised at his cutting tone, and he walked towards the inside of the inn. Theodore caught up with Eden and took her by the arm. 

"Madam," he said, "the Queen of the Underworld must make a grand entrance." He winked at her and she rolled her eyes.

"So I'm being escorted by Dracula himself? What an honour," the redhead sneered. Theodore laughed a little and a wry smile appeared on the boy's lips and he entered the small inn. It was crowded and people were huddled together. Eden noticed Joshua, but there was no sign of Elina. She had gone home for the holidays and was on a trip to America. The bespectacled boy waved at her and she smiled at him.

She left Theodore's jacket and put it on a chair. Theodore took the redhead's hand again and led her to the bar. Her ankle was a little less sore. He ordered two drinks and handed her one before pointing at the dancers. 

"He's not wasting any time, he's already having a good time," he said. Eden turned her head to see Mattheo pressed up against a girl he was kissing. She clenched her jaw and turned away to take a drink. "Hey, take it easy Marks, you'll end up drunk," Theodore laughed. 

"Maybe I want to get drunk," the redhead replied. 

"Come and dance." Theodore hadn't asked, it was more of a request, and he led her out onto the dance floor. 

Eden mingled with the dancers and began to undulate her body. Several boys watched her, jealous that Theodore was her date. She moved her head and danced like a goddess, her dress riding up her thighs to the edge of her crotch. Theodore pulled her closer. 

"Would you like something fun to get you going even more?" he asked as he pulled out two lozenges. 

"What's that?" Eden shouted to drown out the music.

"It's dragon fire, it'll make your head spin, but not enough to make you lose your nerve," Theodore explained as he swallowed one. Eden met Mattheo's gaze and frowned. He looked like someone very angry, but she must have been dreaming because the next thing she knew he was sticking his tongue into his partner's mouth. She rolled her eyes and looked at Theodore before opening her mouth. 

"I like that, Marks," he said. He placed the pill on his tongue and came to kiss Eden, handing her the pill which she swallowed.

Theodore didn't pull away and he caressed her tongue, discovering the sensation of kissing her and she wrapped her arms around his neck and came to play with his. Eden pressed against him and was about to continue kissing him when the sound of tables being overturned broke their bubble. Eden stepped back and turned her head towards the noise before she sighed. Mattheo had just thrown Oliver Pettigrew to the floor and was punching him hard. Someone shouted, but the others encouraged the fight. The other Slytherin had a bloody mouth, but Mattheo kept hitting him, driven by a dull rage.