chapter twelve

𝐈t had been a long day, with Eden missing her Potions exam due to absence and having to make it up the following week

𝐈t had been a long day, with Eden missing her Potions exam due to absence and having to make it up the following week. She had spent some time with Elina and their relationship seemed to have changed now that they had admitted to thinking of each other as friends. After dinner she went back to her dormitory.

The girls she shared a room with greeted her before leaving for the common room. Eden took off her uniform and put it on her chair before grabbing a pair of black leather trousers and a red jumper and shoes suitable for walking as she didn't know where Mattheo was taking her.

She crossed the corridor and stepped outside. The moon was high in the sky and she stopped in front of the tree. Mattheo hadn't told her where to meet him, but it seemed logical that it should be here, so she waited and saw him arrive, a cigarette between his lips. He was wearing a white shirt, pulled up over his arms. The first thing he did when he arrived was to pull the jacket he was holding over the redhead's shoulders.

"I thought you weren't coming," Eden said.

Their last conversation hadn't ended well and she knew Mattheo was capable of making her wait without coming. He started to walk and shrugged.

"I thought it was you who wasn't coming," Mattheo replied. He slowed down a little so she could join him, and Eden walked beside him, watching him out of the corner of her eye.

"Where are we going?" she asked. She was curious to know where Mattheo Riddle, the most popular boy at Hogwarts, could take her. He removed the cigarette from his mouth and turned his head towards her.

"It wouldn't be fun for me to tell you, it would spoil the surprise," he sighed. "Be patient."

"I don't like being patient." Eden hated surprises, she'd always been curious by nature and not knowing pissed her off.

"Marks, shut up and stop asking questions." Mattheo stopped at the school gates and turned back to Eden. "We're going to transplant apparate." He was the only one of the two who could do it and she looked amused.

"If you wanted to touch me, you could do it in the castle," the redhead joked.

"As irresistible as the idea is, for once it has nothing to do with that." He opened his arms and Eden sighed before cuddling up to him. She closed her eyes as she felt the slight jolt of the transplants apparate, then opened them again as they ended.

They were in Hogsmeade. There weren't many lights in the deserted streets, and Eden saw Mattheo walking towards the district full of bookshops. He didn't stop, but walked on until he came to a stone wall.

"Do you want to cross over to the Muggle side?" Eden blurted out. She was surprised, especially coming from Mattheo. Muggles were not well thought of by Voldemort and there was something strange about his son going into their world.

Mattheo didn't answer and she felt him take her hand. She squeezed it and they walked into a street full of people. They were happy and seemed to be going to parties. Some of them looked at Eden, especially the young men who were whistling.