chapter nine

𝐄den was surprised at Mattheo's behaviour

𝐄den was surprised at Mattheo's behaviour. It seemed that he and Theodore had become less stupid, or it was to gain her trust and win this bet. She didn't really know what to think, so she kept her guard up.

"Thank you." She entered the room and looked around. It smelled nice and she approached a painting and looked at it. It was a representation of a battlefield, a man in black towering over the combatants, and a thought crossed her mind.

"Your father." Eden looked back at Mattheo and saw a muscle in his jaw twitch. "Could he be the one who stole the ring? It's no secret he's after something. I don't know exactly what, but... could it be him?"

Mattheo tensed, the ring felt like it weighed a ton in his pocket, and he shook his head, his curls dancing as he moved.

"Maybe, I don't know. He not like he confides in me. I ... No, Eden. I don't know." He swallowed hard and took a step closer. "I don't know what he's up to either, but don't think about it, try to get some rest." Mattheo stroked her cheek.

"I can't believe he's dead. Joshua was... he had too much things to do." Eden pursed her lips, refusing to accept that a simple fall had killed him. Mattheo moved closer and took her in his arms. Eden lifted her head and placed a hand on his cheek. They looked at each other in silence, then she stepped back.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have called you that nickname. It just came out." Mattheo lifted her chin and smiled gently.

"You couldn't have known. And I was just surprised, you can call me that if you like." Mattheo stroked her cheek in return. Eden shook her head, she didn't want to bring back bad memories. The girl was gone and she seemed important to him.

"Mattheo, it's all right, let's leave Matty for the one you love". Eden smiled at him and was about to add something when he pressed his lips to hers. He pulled her against him.

"Eden," he whispered. "Let's forget the bet tonight, tell me what you want, I'll do it."

"I want you to touch me, Mattheo. I want to feel your hands on my body", she begged. Mattheo's eyes lit up and he kissed her fiercely. "I don't want you to hold back. I want you to fuck me."

"Oh fuck, that's so sexy," Mattheo pulled her to him and kissed her. She quickly undressed him and he grunted before practically ripping her jumper off.

"I love this sweater!" Eden exclaimed. Mattheo silenced her with a kiss as he lifted her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist, devouring his mouth. She felt his warm body against hers and pressed against him. Mattheo laid her down on the bed and removed his trousers with an amused chuckle.

"Do you ever wear underwear?" Mattheo looked at her. "Well, when you're not wearing the hot ones".

"What for?" Eden stroked his body and he kissed her hungrily and slipped his hand between her legs, rubbing her clit.