chapter three

𝐁loodcurdling screams echoed down the corridor and Eden rolled her eyes and let out a small giggle

𝐁loodcurdling screams echoed down the corridor and Eden rolled her eyes and let out a small giggle. She heard rapid footsteps and then a group of girls running screaming, being chased by Peeves, the funniest and most annoying ghost at Hogwarts. Eden hated that translucent idiot, but for once he didn't stop in front of her, he continued to chase the girls like prey. It seemed that even the most vicious of ghosts would leave a girl who had just lost her parents alone.

September passed slowly, the routine began again and Eden couldn't get Mattheo's hands off her body. It was frustrating because she wanted to feel that way again. Part of her felt that it wasn't just the hormones, that there was something deeper going on, but she couldn't work out what it was, but she was determined to make him feel the same way.

She didn't want to be the only one frustrated. Eden crossed the corridor, took the stairs, greeted Professor Flitwick and continued on her way before stopping outside the library. Entering the room, she looked around and went to a table at the back, placing her things heavily on it.

"You're late, Marks," Theodore said in greeting. He lifted his head and gave her one of his brilliant smiles.

"We said ten o'clock and it's ten o'clock, it's you, who's early and that's surprising," Eden replied as she sat down. Snape had asked Eden - more in a tone that sounded like an order - to tutor Theodre and she wasn't going to turn down points for her house. 

"Have you done your homework for tomorrow?" she asked.

"Nah, Credence did it for me," Theodore blurted out nonchalantly. "You're not going to sulk because I haven't done my homework? Come on, Marks, let's see that pretty smile." Theodore leaned across the table and Eden leaned in too, their faces inches apart.

"That pretty smile, you might get it if you work," she said, sweeping her book in front of his face. "We'll start with the basics, what can you tell me in French?" Eden saw a large smile spread across the boy's face.

"You know, there are other ways to learn the language," he chuckled and Eden raised an eyebrow, getting into his game. Again she leaned across the table, her shirt slightly open and she saw Theodore's eyes dropping to her chest.

"My eyes are higher," she said and then bit her lip sexily, "you're right, there are other ways, tongue is very important in learning a language and it can do a lot of things."

"You fascinate me," he said, "go on." He breathed softly on her lips and moved closer, now just millimetres away. Eden muttered something, her wand under the table, and Theodore widened his eyes and stepped back as he tried to speak.

"One of the most important things about the tongue is speaking or being silent, so shut up and take notes," Eden said. Theodore looked surprised, but a mischievous glint crossed his eyes and Eden sighed. "Stop making those stupid eyes and take notes, Theodore," she blurted out.

He looked down at his parchment and scribbled something down before handing it to her. Eden giggled when she saw what he'd written, It turns me on to see you so bossy. Don't you want to come and dominate me somewhere more private?

"They say dreams are like hope, keep dreaming Nott", said Eden. She gave him back the ability to speak and he laughed quickly.

"Damn, you'll never stop surprising me," he said. "I promise I'll behave myself, just for your beautiful eyes... and your attributes," he smiled wider and Eden started to laugh.

"You're an idiot, I'm warning you, say one more stupid thing and I'll punch you in the face. Now, what can you tell me in French?"

"Um, let's see... Tu es jolie." He smiled at her and Eden sighed.

"Theodore! You're wasting my time here," the redhead said.

"And what have you got that's more important than me? Getting laid by Seamus or Draco," Theodore grinned. "I don't see what the problem is, you're pretty and this is my very French way of telling you so."

"The problem, Theodore, is that you want to be Draco or Ron or whatever boy I'm sleeping with, but you won't admit it," she says mockingly.

"Oh Eden, of course I do and I know that one day you won't resist me and you and I will be something," Theodore replied. Eden felt Theodore's big warm hand rest on her cheek and he smiled, "I know I'm having an effect on you Marks."

"Theo." Eden turned her head towards the deep, husky voice and saw Mattheo staring at his best friend. Theodore sighed and stroked Eden's cheek before letting his hand fall back.

"What a shame, we were just starting to have fun," he said teasingly.

"I think you were about to be humiliated after I told you to piss off," Eden replied with a wink. Theodore stood and picked up his things before leaning into the redhead's ear.

"Think about my proposition, you and me, I'm the best guy you can get."

"Theodore, although you haven't learned anything in this lesson, you've just taught me that you want me to be your girlfriend," Eden teased. She watched him straighten up and he shrugged.

"Who talks about feelings, Marks? People will envy us, that's all," he winked at her.

He pulled away and Mattheo turned his head towards her, a storm raging in his eyes, and Eden couldn't help but want to know his torment. He came closer and placed his hand on the exact spot where Theodore had placed it.

"Don't play with fire, you little naughty, you might get burned," he said.

"Didn't we tell you? Demons don't burn in hell," she said amusedly. Mattheo pressed her cheek a little harder, as if to ward off Theodore's touch. As if to mark his possession, and Eden turned serious again, watching him.

"That's funny for a girl named after paradise, maybe just like Lucifer was, you're a beautiful, fallen angel," Mattheo breathed.

"Who knows? We'll see if you let yourself get burned," Eden blurted as she stood up. As she stood facing him, she felt him flinch, but he smiled and wrapped one of her curls around his finger.

"Remember that you were wet on my fingers in that wardrobe, Eden, never forget," he said as he walked away.

She watched him go and stood for a moment, frozen in place, before shaking her head and picking up her things. Mattheo looked the same and yet very different, had something happened during the holidays to make him look different but the same? She had never seen him with that dark look in his eyes. Sure, he could be mean and fight, but he'd never had that look of anger in his eyes. Eden rolled her eyes, she didn't need to worry about that and left the library.