chapter six

𝐄den rolled two strands of hair into horns and added pearls before looking at herself in the mirror

𝐄den rolled two strands of hair into horns and added pearls before looking at herself in the mirror. She turned to look at her back and smiled, pleased with the result. She looked like a real demon and added blood red lipstick to complete the look. The redhead wore a very short red sequined dress, red eye shadow and added small diamonds and a devil's tail belt. All in all, Eden was a devil and wanted to make the most of Halloween.

She put on a red cape with a black lining and left her dormitory for the hall. The students who had stayed for the holidays ran out of the castle dressed as all sorts of creatures.  Eden paused at the door and looked out into the dark night. The stars were bright and filled the sky, a sign of the cold of the night, and she shivered. Her costume didn't cover much. 

"Marks, my goodness, you've just made me come in my trousers," an amused voice said.

Eden turned back to Theodore and watched him. Dressed in a Dracula costume, he was having a bit of trouble speaking with his fake fangs and he pulled them out before putting them in his pocket. 

"Seriously, you're hot." He ran his eyes down her body and she noticed Lorenzo and Blaise behind him. 

"What about Riddle?" asked Eden. None of the three boys had to answer. Mattheo came in, zipped up his rock star costume and let go of the girl on his arm who had gone to join her friends. "Seriously? Couldn't you wait until the end of the night to fuck?" Eden dropped.

Mattheo winked at her and led the way. Lorenzo and Blaise rushed after him. Eden didn't bother to walk fast, they'd just have to wait for her. She could hear them laughing and arguing. The students split up, some going to the Muggle side, others to the village, and Eden took the path to the haunted house. 

"As much as I love the view, you're going to catch a cold," Theodore said. He took off his jacket and handed it to her.

"I won't thank you by sleeping with you," Eden replied. She took the jacket and pulled it on. It was warm and too big, but it made Eden feel much better.  

"I know," Theodore said. "As much as I want to win the bet, I know how to be nice too, Marks." Eden turned her head towards him and Theodore smiled. A real smile she wasn't used to seeing. 

"Instead of flirting, walk faster you losers," Blaise shouted. Eden sighed and walked faster. Mattheo watched her and made no comment, but he had noticed the jacket she was wearing.

"Twenty galleon that Lorenzo is going to piss himself", Theodore said. He looked defiant and they began to argue. Mattheo lit a cigarette and Eden walked beside him. Their hands brushed together, sending a shiver down his spine. 

"You're wearing Theo's jacket," he finally said.

"I see you have good eyes," Eden joked. "I was cold." She almost slipped on a stone and Mattheo grabbed her arm to stop her.