Chapter Six: If Tomorrow Never Comes

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

A couple hundred years ago, Benjamin Franklin shared with the world the secret of his success. "Never leave that till tomorrow," he said, "which you can do today."

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Eddie Sousa groaned as her body once again woke her up thirty minutes before her five thirty alarm. She closed her eyes, hoping to recapture some of her sleep, while falling asleep to the soothing soft splats of the rain hitting the window, kind of like white noise, but unfortunately it did nothing for her, except to tell her she needed to get up very sudden urge to pee. With a groan she got out of bed and stumbled through her apartment into her bathroom.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

This is the man who discovered electricity. You'd think more of us would listen to what he had to say.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

George O'Malley made his way down the hall towards Meredith's bedroom carrying two cups of coffee. He attempted to figure out how to knock on the door with a cup of coffee in each hand. And, in the end, he ended up spilling most of the coffee on himself and the floor when he tried to.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

I don't know why we put things off, but if I had to guess, I'd say it has a lot to do with fear. Fear of failure, fear of pain, fear of rejection.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

"Wouldn't it be easier to just ask her out?" Izzie asked George as she passed him.

George walks away  trying not to leave a trail of spilled coffee in his way and inside her bedroom Meredith hits snooze again.

Fifteen minutes later, George and Izzie were both finishing getting for their shifts at the hospital.

"She's gonna be late." George said, referring to Meredith, to Izzie as she passed his room.

"Maybe not." Izzie said as she entered his bedroom.

"We should wait for her." George said as he left his room and stood in the doorway of Izzie's bedroom to see her putting on her socks and shoes.

"Definitely not. I'm not her mother, and you are not her boyfriend. Not yet, anyway." Izzie said with a smirk at the end.

Teasing George about his obvious crush on their other roommate was quickly becoming one of her favorite past-times.

"Stop, okay? I told you I'm not interested." George insisted.

"Life is short, George. Do you really want to die before you ever ask her out?" Izzie asked her friend.

"I do not want to ask her out." George denied.