Chapter Forty-Six: Don't Stand So Close to Me

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

AN: Welcome to another chapter of Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This). I am still amazed how many of you love this story. This is by far one of my favorite stories to write. I hope you will enjoy this chapter! I am outlining what is happening in Part 2 (seasons 4-5). Is there anything you would like to see?

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Mark and Eddie were just cuddling in bed after round two of "practicing" that they were talking about last night, enjoying their time alone with each other. Even though it was early, it was nice to just be with each other, their bodies intertwined. 

"Are you feeling better?" Mark asked.

Eddie nodded.

"Yeah...I just...I am going to talk to Eli about this. I know that you understand but..." Eddie started.

"He's been through this with you. I completely understand, I go to Derek when things with my dad are bad, or major news." Mark said. "It's shared experiences and understanding." Mark said as Eddie nodded.

"And, you did help last night." Eddie told him looking him in his dazzling blue eyes.

Mark smiled and leaned down and kissed her gently.

"I will always be here for you sweetheart." Mark said.

"And, I will always be here for you." Eddie said as she kissed him once more, as they deepened the kiss, Frankie's cries could be heard over the baby monitor.

"And, that is my cue." Eddie said as she got up.

"Good morning peanut." Eddie greeted her daughter as she entered her daughter's bedroom dressed in one of Mark's t-shirts that barely brushed her mid-upper thigh. 

 Knowing that her little girl was most likely hungry, she was the one to go get her, so she could feed her before getting ready for another long day of work.  While Mark got himself ready.

"Did you have a good night?" Eddie asked her daughter as she settled in the rocking chair as she made herself comfortable and moved Mark's shirt so Frankie could start her feeding, which she was demanding.

"I need to call your Uncle Eli, do you want to say hi?" Eddie asked, Frankie loved her Uncle Eli, and Eli was determined to beat out her brothers and Derek to be her favorite. 

When he had been in Seattle he took any chance to hang out with his goddaughter and spoil her. She knew he was enjoying being the dotting uncle, and that he was going to be the one who loaded her kids up on sugar before giving them back, but at least he would respect their rules, knowing that if he didn't he might not be allowed to have her, he may be the fun uncle, but he didn't want to undermine Eddie and Mark's parenting.

Eddie let the comfortable routine sooth her as she opened her phone and dialed Eli's number for their weekly call.

"Hey Eddie." Eli greeted on the third ring. Eddie could see his typical charming grin on her face as he said that.