Chapter Twenty-Six: As We Know It

AN: Here is the next chapter of Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)

AN: Here is the next chapter of Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This). I hope you enjoy it!!!!! Next chapter Mark will be back in Seattle!!!! 

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

 In hospitals they say you know. You know when you're going to die. Some doctors say it's a look patients get in their eyes.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Miranda Bailey was standing alone in her hospital room trying to control her breathing as she went through labor, while her husband was down in the OR being operated on while being in a code black. She couldn't do this. Not now. Not with all this going on.

She needed Tucker.

He should be here.

And, the scare part of her wanted to go home. Go home and pretend this day never happened. And that tomorrow, when everything was better, she could have her baby.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

 Some say there's a scent, a smell of death. Some think there's just some kind of sixth sense, when the great beyond is headed for you, you feel it coming.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Derek Shepherd diligently worked on Tucker Jones with his scrub team. He couldn't think about the fact that he was putting himself and others in danger. His patient was his number one priority. And, he wanted to look Bailey in the eye and say he did everything to save her husband. He needed to save Tucker.

He was about to become a father.

He had a family.

Derek didn't know if he could look Bailey in the eye if he killed her husband. So, he was going to everything in his power to make sure the day his son came into the world, that Tucker Jones was not going to leave it.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Eddie Sousa had just visited her daughter once again, and held her while she was sleeping for a while. She needed to comfort the reminder that she was there. Trying to take away the dark thoughts about what might happen to her brother and her two best friends who were in danger. 

Now, though she was sitting in a bathroom, sitting on the floor with her back against the wall as she was crying. The days events overwhelming her.

No one ever thinks about a code black ever being called.

No one does. Until something like this.

A terror she felt at the thought something could happen shook her to her core. She knew she had the option to leave, and that maybe she should, since she had a little baby girl that relied on her, but she needed to be here.

For her brother, friends, and co-workers who were risking their lives.

For her fellow interns who were all staying for the same reason.